Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Monday, September 18, 2006

    A Year and a Day

    since I started blogging. Seems like I've been doing this forever; I can't imagine what life would be like without my little shouting space here.

    Thank you guys, for visiting me over 5,000 times. I've written plenty of anonymous brochure and ad copy, but to have an audience respond to my personal essays, my fiction, my rants...I can't tell you how much that means to me.

    Thanks, Popeye, for being the first 'stranger' to wander over here, and thanks meno, for being the latest. Any lurkers -- now's the time to give a shout-out.

    Thanks, Des Moines Girl, for getting me started on this thing.

    And thanks, Lisa, for letting a virtual stranger drive your blog for a day.

    As for the rest of you, I love you all. You're all great writers, amazing people, and I hope to meet every last one of you. Someday.


    Now sing with me: Thank you India, thank you terror...

    11 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Julie wrote in a love letter...

    wowee!!! Congratulations!

    3:37 PM, September 18, 2006  
    Blogger Stucco wrote in a love letter...

    So, is that like dog years or something? Is this some sort of "e-tonement"? You intending to victimize the natives? I can't believe you played the Alanis Morrisette card. I don't expect you'd be so cavalier with that kind of music in your place in the "Shire"...

    7:43 PM, September 18, 2006  
    Anonymous Nixxie wrote in a love letter...

    Well, happy Bloggiversary!!! I started blogging sometime in the middle nineties. On and off until about 4 years ago when I started doing it almost religiously.

    12:44 AM, September 19, 2006  
    Anonymous clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    Alanis Morrisette? Really? You wanna bark up that particular tree on the anniversery of your blog?

    Isn't it ironic that she's a songwriter and has never bothered to look up "irony" in a freakin dictionary?

    The horror, the horror....

    1:46 PM, September 19, 2006  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    Happy blogaversary. I love coming over here!

    3:44 PM, September 19, 2006  
    Blogger Esereth wrote in a love letter...

    I love that song.

    I've got like five blogs I read, I'm glad you're one of them.

    4:52 PM, September 19, 2006  
    Blogger meno wrote in a love letter...

    Well, congratulations, and thanks for the mention. As you can see, i am back for more.
    I love Alanis, she's so angry (at least on her first album!)

    5:50 PM, September 19, 2006  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Suddenly this is an Alanisversary post? Well, I'm proud of you for sticking to your guns for a year, and proud of Alanis for doing that video naked, so Happy Alanisversary to you both!

    6:56 PM, September 19, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Julie: Thanks! You know, I broke my commenting cherry on your site...

    Stucco: I plan to play my bodhran outside your little round window every night. I know I won't bother Schmoop; she'll have her spankin' new ipod on. (happy b-day, Schmoop!)

    Thanks Nixxie! Man, you're an old pro. ;-)

    Clowncar: Woof! Don't you think?

    Bud: Well, I love having you over here! Thanks, darlin'.

    Esereth: See? Great song. Not as good as 'Uninvited' *swoon* but it gets the point across.
    I'm so honored that I'm one of the blogs on your 'to read' list. Thank you. You've got one of the best blogs going.

    Meno: Another vote for Alanis! Thanks for coming back. I'll try not to scare you off. :-) Everybody; go check out meno's blog. She's cool.

    Ir: *snort* Nice pun! And what a coincidence! I happen to blog fully clothed. Well, ok, mostly. ;-)

    7:42 PM, September 19, 2006  
    Blogger Des_Moines_Girl wrote in a love letter...

    I'm so glad I was able to suck you into blogging! I knew you'd like it. I've enjoyed every one of your posts!!!

    7:04 AM, September 21, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    *grin* Thanks!

    2:09 PM, September 21, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home