Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Tuesday, July 25, 2006

    Relief





    Thanks guys! It worked!

    I figured out part of the problem, too. I was near the end of a chapter and didn't realize it. They always take me by surprise. Kind of like riding a horse at full speed and stopping short at the edge of a cliff.

    So that wraps up chapter 28. And I've got 9 previously-written pages for chapter 29. Not bad. But after that, I think I've got at least two chapters of NOTHING. Wide open page as far as the eye can see.

    I know what happens, of course.

    Oh, wait. Chapter 30's done. Of course it's only one page, but that's all a good letter needs...

    31 and 32 though. Man.

    So that means 33 is where the birds come in. That's pretty fitting.

    Oh, sorry; are you still here? Just mumbling to myself again.

    7 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    So, the prunes helped, did they?

    1:45 PM, July 25, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    lol -- yes, I rubbed them on my forehead. Thanks for asking!

    5:25 PM, July 25, 2006  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    Hey -- here's another idea. Next time let US write it for you. You will be so horrified at what we come with, it will sending you screaming in the other direction. Or you will start editing our stuff and then have your own ideas and -- voila!

    10:57 PM, July 25, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Hee hee..I like it!
    I imagine you've seen your share of horrid writing.

    11:28 PM, July 25, 2006  
    Anonymous clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    Sounds like you are linking those last few boxcars together. Is c33 the last one?

    Cool bird picture!

    And, finally, if it's in Pravda, you know it's true:
    http://english.pravda.ru/accidents/21/97/385/16565_squirrels.html

    11:09 AM, July 26, 2006  
    Blogger Popeye wrote in a love letter...

    Sorry I missed an opportunity for an encouragement moment. I would have suggested dancing.

    3:12 PM, July 26, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Clowncar: Boxcars are linked, my friend. I'm heading out into a lot of open space now. 33 is not the last chapter unfortunately, but...let's count...I think ...it tops out between 38 and 40. Wow.

    Popeye: Good suggestion. Much better than the pacing I usually do. I hope you're having fun in DC.

    9:12 AM, July 27, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home