Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Friday, July 07, 2006

    Out and About

    So.

    How’s it going?
    You know, I’ve been doing some dangerous thinking.
    I’ve been in a cocoon. For four years.
    It’s ok. It was safe. I had other priorities. Two of them. Small ones. Getting bigger every day.
    And there were the break-ins, along with the neighborhood going to hell.
    The lack of support from the in-laws (sorry, O) that turned into downright, soul-crushing criticism and hostility.
    The great distance and longing for home. Whatever that is.
    I’ve been lost. Unsure.
    Invisible.

    “You need to overcome this painful shyness,” O says.

    So.
    You good people have taken the time to get to know me, and I appreciate that more than I can ever say.
    Without ever even seeing my face.
    That’s a lot of trust, if you think about it.

    Now since we’ve moved, I’ve been meeting people ‘out here’ in the Real World.
    They seem to like me.
    They don’t know me like you do.
    But they have my face.

    I’ve been looking around here. Some folks show their faces, (and other things) some don’t. The reasons vary, but mostly have to do with a concern about being ‘outed.
    That’s cool.
    But I’ve been thinking,
    what have I got to lose?
    I mean, several of you already know what I look like.
    The rest of you good people, I’ve come to know over the past several months.
    I’ve got no sickos reading my blog.
    Well, yeah I do, but you’re my kind of sickos.

    So.
    Maybe I’ll only keep it up for a day or two. Maybe I’ll recover my senses and take it down.
    Or maybe I won’t.

    Either way…






    Hi.

    25 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Lisa wrote in a love letter...

    Oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    So delicate and beautiful! Funny how people can look different than you expect, and yet so familiar at the same time.

    I would SO make out with you. hee!

    2:44 PM, July 07, 2006  
    Blogger Esereth wrote in a love letter...

    If I looked like you, I'd be willing to out my super secret identity just for the compliments.

    What a pretty lady.

    Though you do kind of look like you're in perpetual need of hugs.

    2:45 PM, July 07, 2006  
    Anonymous Anonymous wrote in a love letter...

    Okay- Lisa and Nancy- I'll hold the camera. O can arrange the lighting.

    And for the record, a squirt gun filled with lighter fluid is my idea of dangerous thinking.

    Oh, I also have a butt-load of pics from San Fran. It was sunny all the Goddamned time. I got a sunburn and am all peely now. What're you and O up to this weekend?

    -Stucco

    4:08 PM, July 07, 2006  
    Anonymous ed gein wrote in a love letter...

    Nope. No sickos out here.

    5:33 PM, July 07, 2006  
    Anonymous Andy wrote in a love letter...

    Hey hey, you look fine! I wiggle my eyebrows lustily at you. Just picture em, wiggling away.

    Wiggle wiggle

    7:11 PM, July 07, 2006  
    Blogger Schmoopie wrote in a love letter...

    I've had the privilege of knowing your face for years. I am honored to call you friend.

    8:02 PM, July 07, 2006  
    Blogger Dick wrote in a love letter...

    Wow.....

    8:53 PM, July 07, 2006  
    Anonymous O wrote in a love letter...

    Yup. Lucky me. For other reasons too...
    Stucco - can we throw some beer into the squirt gun/lighter fluid mix?
    O

    9:53 PM, July 07, 2006  
    Blogger Jonathon S.B. Tiercel wrote in a love letter...

    Nancy - Thanks for the vision, good to see you again. Pics from home are always dear to my heart...

    O - get the guiness ready - three weeks and counting...

    Oh, and talk to Mo Cridth about the 16th...

    JT

    11:10 PM, July 07, 2006  
    Blogger Nixxie wrote in a love letter...

    There for a second I thought you were going to quit journaling!!!

    Not at all how I pictured you. I was picturing darker hair. Cute!

    1:41 AM, July 08, 2006  
    Anonymous Orange wrote in a love letter...

    Killer cheekbones and a subtle slyness in the eyes—woot!

    5:43 AM, July 08, 2006  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    And how familiar you seem....

    9:32 PM, July 08, 2006  
    Blogger Popeye wrote in a love letter...

    Good for you. I'm a wuss.

    5:40 AM, July 09, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Guys, I'm overwhelmed!

    Pucker up, Lisa; I'll meet you in Moab! ;-)

    Es: And the answer is: Perpetual need of hugs. Ding ding ding! What prize do we have for her, Bob?
    You are too sweet.

    Stucco: Have camera, will travel? You're right; your face was quite a-peeling last night.

    Ed Gein: Whew. Good to know.

    Andy: Hee! You just said that for votes, didn't you?

    Schmoop: Awww! Thanks! (P.S. Schmoopie's HOT!)

    Dick: Thanks!

    O: My cooking, right?

    JT: Thanks! We'll be there with bells on, on the 16th. Be safe, my friend!

    Nix: No way. I'll quit when I'm dead, ma'am. :-)

    Orange: This from a brilliant and lovely star of the big screen! Woot! Thanks.

    Amusing: You don't remember? Paris, 1938...

    Popeye: Oh you are not. You just have more to lose, my friend. I'm _still_ a wee bit surprised. :-)

    11:07 AM, July 09, 2006  
    Blogger Des_Moines_Girl wrote in a love letter...

    Your heart of gold shines through!

    7:42 PM, July 09, 2006  
    Blogger Dantares wrote in a love letter...

    I'm very pleased to meet you. Hullo.
    Dantares

    12:30 AM, July 10, 2006  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    Ah, thanks for that! I love having a face to go with the name and the brilliant writing!

    10:09 AM, July 10, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    DMG: Awwwww...and it contrasts so nicely with my bat wings...

    Dantares: Hullo. How's the hand?

    Bud: Thank you, Bud! You're sweet!

    4:52 PM, July 10, 2006  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Lovely as an Irish morning. *s*

    6:24 PM, July 10, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Ir: Aww, thanks! :-)

    9:02 PM, July 10, 2006  
    Blogger Julie wrote in a love letter...

    Oh my goodness! I'm so happy that I stopped by before you took it down. You are so young! You are such a young wise soul! I love it!

    10:36 PM, July 10, 2006  
    Blogger Mr. Don wrote in a love letter...

    Why is it all the pretty women seem so insecure about their looks? Very nice, my dear.

    8:36 AM, July 11, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Julie; Me? You're the young pup, girl! thanks!

    Mr. Don: Thank you!

    12:02 PM, July 11, 2006  
    Anonymous D-Man wrote in a love letter...

    Hello!

    How you doin?

    4:52 AM, July 12, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Jest fine! *s*

    10:23 PM, July 13, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home