Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Tuesday, July 04, 2006

    A Meme You Can't Forget...

    ...courtesy of Irrelephant:

    Meme.

    I know ~ far less than I want to, and more than I should.

    I believe ~ all of it and none of it, and that’s always been my problem.

    I fought ~ to remember.

    I am angered ~ that I have to keep my mouth shut sometimes.

    I love ~ rain and all it means.

    I need ~ alone time/writing time.

    I take ~ small steps.

    I hear ~ you.

    I drink ~ too little.

    I hate ~ extremist positions. All of them! Every last one! No exceptions!

    I use ~ my imagination far too often.

    I want ~ everyone to love me, and God to love me best. Is that too much to ask?

    I decided ~ to do it anyway.

    I like ~ to lick honey off a spoon.

    I am ~ living on the surface of my skin right now.

    I feel ~ bittersweet.

    I left ~ everything behind once.

    I do ~ know how to grow flowers in the desert.

    I hope ~ I can touch you with my words.

    I dream ~ entire sagas sometimes.

    I drive ~ myself crazy.

    I listen ~ all the time.

    I type ~ slower than molasses in January.

    I think ~ too much.

    I wish ~ for the impossible.

    I compensate ~ for my plainness with my writing.

    I regret ~ not doing it all sooner.

    I care ~ about music to an insane degree.

    I should ~ be working on the book instead.

    I am not always ~ able to see the light.

    I said ~ something you couldn’t hear, but would have wanted to.

    I wonder ~ why?

    I changed ~ after the boyos were born.

    I cry ~ where you’ll never see me.

    I am ~ always curious.

    I am not ~ weak.

    I lose ~ my way home all the time.

    I leave ~ it up to you.

    9 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Brava, Nancy Dancy. Sounds like you really put some skull-time into that.

    6:10 AM, July 05, 2006  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    I loved this. I love you too. Not just 'cause you need me to. You're the coolest.

    9:44 AM, July 05, 2006  
    Anonymous clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    I have never, ever thought of you as plain. You are one of the most interesting people I know. But I do know about that thing where you think the most interesting (and truest) piece of yourself is inside your head, and no one can see it unless you write.

    Nice meme.

    I got a tooth pulled today, so have the day off. It hurts big-time. Good drugs, though.

    2:47 PM, July 05, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Ir: *bow* Thanks for such a great meme! I hope this one flies around the blogosphere. :-)

    Bud: Awwww...that's so sweet! Well, that's one down. ;-)
    Thanks for stopping by. How goes the recording?

    Mr. Clowncar: Hee hee, thank you. I'm sorry you don't get out much. :-)

    Ow! Poor you. Enjoy the drugs (and save some for RockyGrass, wouldja? ;-) )

    3:05 PM, July 05, 2006  
    Blogger Lisa wrote in a love letter...

    Grr....you tease!

    Picture?

    6:02 PM, July 06, 2006  
    Blogger Jonathon S.B. Tiercel wrote in a love letter...

    Nancy - great Meme - very well thought out....

    Heard you had dinner with Mo Cridth last night... hope it was a good time. Just stopped by to say "hello"...

    JT

    10:32 AM, July 07, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Lisa: I know. Working up my courage. Or insanity. Or both.

    JT: Thanks! Yes, dinner with the beautiful Cridth. Always a pleasure. I don't know about her, but I tottered away drunk on good food and even better conversation.

    10:59 AM, July 07, 2006  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    Fabulous. Gets one thinking, just as a good meme should.

    (What is meme anyway? "me!me!"?)

    9:29 PM, July 08, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Amusing: Yuup, that's about right. All about me!me!

    10:24 PM, July 13, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home