Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Saturday, July 15, 2006

    Hangover Cure, Anyone?

    It’s a common fear, I think – throwing a party where no one shows up.

    But that didn’t happen. You guys are the best!

    I had a blast watching you good people mingle. I hope you continue to enjoy each others’ company. Y’all have a lot to say, and I love hearing you say it.

    7 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Dantares wrote in a love letter...

    You want:
    1/4 glass brandy
    1/4 glass pernod
    1/4 egg white
    1/2 glass Champagne.

    As the proportions promise, this drink is fully capable of taking care of anything - I've never been able to detect a hangover after one! Great party!
    Dantares.

    12:51 PM, July 15, 2006  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    My compliments to the hostess, and to her guests--I've never been with such a diverse, august group of folks.

    2:21 PM, July 15, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Thanks, Dantares! I think I'll need one after the RL party in Golden tonight.

    Ir: Hey! Lookit you! And the beautiful Betty.
    Thank you, sir. It was lovely having you. Please stop by again.

    3:00 PM, July 15, 2006  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    D: I just want a glass of champagne please.

    Nancy: Do you need help cleaning up? Great party. (Though at first read, I thought your post said something about "throwing a party where people throw up" -- it was that Hangover Headline (and my checkered past with alcohol...did I tell you about the time I broke a bed and my ribs after too much ouzo in Greece?)

    8:04 PM, July 15, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Oh, I've got it, thanks for offering! But there is some leftover salsa and a few chocolate eclairs if you care to take some home.

    No, you haven't told me about that that! Oh do tell; it sounds fantastic. This of course from someone to whom it did not happen, but who probably would have loved to have been in those circumstances.

    Ouzo once gave me the worst hangover *shudder*.

    8:55 AM, July 16, 2006  
    Blogger Me wrote in a love letter...

    I was licking the glass and watching all the beautiful people dancing. I sifted through the empties afterwards but no one left a drop. sigh.

    12:55 AM, July 18, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Oh, poor you. I mean, Me. You know, I think you know everybody already, except maybe Popeye and Julie. Go say hi. They're still hanging around.

    6:54 PM, July 18, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home