Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Monday, June 26, 2006

    Five Things Meme

    Here I had a post of great importance all thought out, and Vulgar Wizard goes and tags me.
    (Uh, thanks, actually. Post needs work and I've got some photos to take).

    Five Things . . .

    Five Things in the Refrigerator
    1. organic milk
    2. orgasmic yogurt (this stuff is really good)
    3. Bottle of champagne
    4. Korean Spicy Noodles. 'Bout time those moved on.
    5. Amish Friendship Bread Starter. Hey, it’s still alive, and I can’t bring myself to kill it.

    Five Things in the Closet
    1. Guy's black leather biker jacket
    2. Girl's black leather biker jacket, dusty
    3. Another black jacket that has nothing to do with bikes
    4. Dark chocolate hidden high up on a shelf
    5. Elijah Wood. (Yeah...tell me he’s not. No, seriously, tell me he’s not. I wanna be a contender.)

    Five Things in the Wallet
    Costanza's got nothing on me, baby!
    1. Irish 2-pence piece that happened to be minted in my birthday year
    2. Target gift card with about $150 bucks still on it.
    3. Key card for a hotel in Dizz-Knee-Whirled. (Thanks again, DMG!)
    4. Receipt for a magazine I bought eight years ago in Gatwick during the worst migraine of my life. I was in Ireland before I realized the bloke stiffed me a quid. Wanker. So what was your last impulse buy?
    5. Victoria’s Secret Card


    Five Things in the Truck
    (The only truck I have is the ’37 Chevy pickup I envision will swing low and carry me to heaven. Yeah, right. Well, at least I'll enjoy the ride. So what’s in it, you ask…?)
    1. A particular driver who's shown up in my dreams for years (more about him later)
    2. My dearly departed cat, Poe
    3. A bottle of 17th century Dom Pérignon. Course, it wasn’t named after him way back then.
    4. A laptop computer with high-speed wireless (Duh. How else am I gonna keep blogging?)
    5. A blank notebook and a Lamy 2000 fine point fountain pen (two things; yeah bite me.)

    Five People to Tag
    1. Anybody
    2. Who
    3. Wants
    4. To
    5. Play

    That was fun. The boyos have hijacked my computer, so this is my only chance to--

    8 people left me a love letter:

    Anonymous Anonymous wrote in a love letter...

    How about 5 things to accomplish before dying?
    1) Cause Bob Saget pain
    2) Eat tongue (I can't bring myselft to do this- I mean, am I tasting it, or is it tasting me?)
    3) Heckle a televangelist
    4) Wear a wetsuit made of duct tape
    5) Embarass my children in a fashion that can leave no doubt that I love them thoroughly

    -Stucco

    6:34 PM, June 26, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    *snort* Well, at least you've covered #5, quite well, too.

    Wetsuit? Duct tape? Nevermind, I don't wanna know...

    8:16 AM, June 27, 2006  
    Anonymous Elijah Wood wrote in a love letter...

    I'm not in your closet. I'm in the bathtub. Really. Go check. Right now.

    10:47 AM, June 27, 2006  
    Blogger Esereth wrote in a love letter...

    What is the name of the yogurt?

    You are so much more interesting than me in your minutiae.

    My fridge has stuff like mayonnaise. My life has stuff like mayonnaise.

    12:46 PM, June 27, 2006  
    Blogger Popeye wrote in a love letter...

    (I tried a very short story on my blog - something new - gulp)

    8:35 PM, June 27, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    popeye: Sweet! I'll be right over...

    Esereth: Westby. Seek it out. It's bodypaint-worthy. I imagine. Heh.
    My minutiae is just the lace on a sackcloth dress. You, dear, have a facinating life and an even better writing voice.

    Elijah: Ha! Made me look! I...oh!...uh...you weren't kidding...
    (Yeah. And then I woke up.)

    11:18 PM, June 27, 2006  
    Blogger Orange wrote in a love letter...

    Nancy, Nancy...my aunt tried to pawn off Ziplocs of that Amish bread starter, and most of us looked at it and said "eww." Supposedly only the Amish have the recipe to this? Might that be because...the secret ingredient is the semen of Amish men? We all had our suspicions.

    Toss it out. It's a biohazard.

    5:22 PM, July 02, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    *snort*
    I should, but you see, the Catholic girl buried deep inside me just doesn't know where the point of bread conception actually takes place and doesn't want to take that chance. Can the culture be considered viable bread? Would I be wasting it?
    And now you talk about Amish semen -- every sperm is sacred, you know.
    I'm afraid I'm stuck with Amish Friendship bread dough the rest of my days.

    11:05 PM, July 02, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home