Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Monday, May 22, 2006

    Something I've Re-Worked from Something Older

    Marvin Hill - Fortunate Rain

    O's dad is recovering, slowly but surely. I'm swamped and sad, and confused about a few things, but I don't want to let the blog go, and I don't want to post something just to have fresh material.
    So, here's a poem. Not very original, but better than a test screen.

    29 Weeks of Sun

    Come to me
    clouds heavy with water
    old secret friends --
    Bring
    a drumming of rain
    Bold thunderbolt music
    fresh wind --
    fold after fold of clouds in the heavens

    I saw them rupture
    slate grey and granite
    I watched mountainous clouds
    erupt and throw down rain

    Sopping wet under the cedar
    I watch the clouds rupture
    Nothing can harm me --
    this passion has yet
    to be slacked

    8 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Esereth wrote in a love letter...

    Maybe you could blog about all the confusion you're in. Maybe it would help.

    8:40 PM, May 22, 2006  
    Blogger Jonathon S.B. Tiercel wrote in a love letter...

    Liked the poem, would love to get some rain here, but it always turns to mud. Am here for you as much as I can, do what your heart says is right - we will still be with you regardless of your decision - all my love, my friend.

    9:50 AM, May 23, 2006  
    Anonymous clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    Nice poem. A suggestion - stay in present tense in the middle stanza (the first and last are in present tense). Or am I being thick, and you had a reason for the tense change?

    We hope you're all doing well. PWee is in Utah with the kids til Saturday, visiting her sister and her Yankee-fan brother in law.

    11:04 AM, May 23, 2006  
    Blogger Des_Moines_Girl wrote in a love letter...

    I agree with the first poster - blog about what you're feeling. It doesn't have to make sense, just do an emotional dump into cyber space. You'll feel better.

    Drop me a line - I've been out of the office the last two days but I'll be back at work tomorrow.

    Hang in there! This too shall pass.

    5:43 PM, May 23, 2006  
    Blogger Popeye wrote in a love letter...

    Diving in to it and stewing in it is an option for this single guy but I don't how that would work for you and the familio. I've just found that its more exhausting resisting feeling things than actually feeling things (and I'm saying this as someone who does a crappy job doing it).

    8:13 PM, May 23, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Aw, you guys! Really, I'm ok.

    Esereth: There're just some privacy issues (mainly O's)that give me pause, or I'd blab to the world. Maybe I still will.

    JT: Thanks! I don't hold a candle to what you're going through. Take care.

    Mr. DeLaClowncar, Dang it, you're right (as usual). See? This is why I let you read all my stuff. You're my POV and now tense coach. The Yankees? Wow, PWee is cavorting with the enemy.

    DMG: Now you know the rest of the story.

    Popeye: I understand now why you so closely guard your privacy. You are so good at writing about your inner landscape, and that privacy is crucial. I'm afraid I'd just sound whiney. You're right though, it is exhausting to resist.

    5:21 PM, May 24, 2006  
    Blogger The Laughing Frog wrote in a love letter...

    Oh, I like that. And having scrolled down, I read your entry that mentioned "Oof-da."

    That was one of the essay questions on my gag "Minnesota residency application" that my future mother-in-law sent me. The whole thing was a joke, but yes, even this Jersey gal know what that means!

    Feel better, and I hope things start looking up for you, pronto! We both could use it inour own ways for different personal reasons, but hang in there!

    9:19 PM, May 24, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Thanks LF. I know your life is insane as well.

    10:43 PM, May 24, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home