Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Monday, May 15, 2006

    Not sure what to say

    I'd started a post about a wonderful, relaxing weekend, thanks to Mr. Clowncar and Peewee. But now I've just learned that my father-in-law is going in to surgery right now, and has a 50-50 chance of coming out again.

    Someone, please tell me how to explain this to the boyos.

    6 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    I'm very sorry to hear that. I think you have to wait and see how it turns out before you say anything. I haven't read the current advice books on this subject but I believe in being truthful but gentle. The thorny one for me is the question, "Where is he?" My honest answer is that I don't know. Nobody knows. People believe different things but we have no way of knowing. We have to wait and see until we each get there.

    8:13 PM, May 15, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Thanks, Bud. Just got an update that he is coming through surgery nicely. The boyos are asleep, so it's something I can think about tomorrow. Now I'm just going to focus on O when he gets home.

    10:32 PM, May 15, 2006  
    Blogger Nixxie wrote in a love letter...

    Hope all is well. Keeping good thoughts for you!

    12:50 AM, May 16, 2006  
    Blogger Jonathon S.B. Tiercel wrote in a love letter...

    I am glad to hear the surgery went well. Take care, my thoughts are with you all.

    1:21 AM, May 16, 2006  
    Blogger Popeye wrote in a love letter...

    Yikes. Emergency stuff always freaks me out. The boyos will understand in a boyo way. They don't have to understand it in an adult way. Give the information and they'll explain it to you and each other.

    6:29 AM, May 16, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    nixxie: Thank you!!

    JT: Thank you. Take care of yourself!

    Popeye: You are right on the nose. They are discussing it with each other in their own terms. I'm so happy I had two. Thanks for the advice.

    1:08 PM, May 16, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home