Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Wednesday, May 03, 2006

    Bathroom Re-do


    Fiction's up, over on What if?


    Grrrr…I hate being a vendor. Just emailed in a mess of invoices, and got back:

    ‘I wish you’d sent these a few days ago when I was cutting checks.’

    Grrrr…I’m not psychic (well not that flavor of psychic anyway).

    So I’m just pacing around the blogosphere today, like a tiger in a cage. I should be outside in the garden, but I’ve already weeded everything and it’s that awkward weather time -- past planting spring crops, too early for the heat-lovers. My garden is an awkward tweenager.

    Maybe I’ll just go sit and think. Stare at the Existential Fence and put myself on the other side of it.



    I keep forgetting to do this.

    Before (Taken a couple of years ago):








    70 labor-intensive hours later:

    15 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger femme d'espoir wrote in a love letter...

    Hi, Nancy!
    I had a visitor come to my site via yours. Thanks for linking me!

    Cheers,
    femme

    1:45 PM, May 03, 2006  
    Blogger Dantares wrote in a love letter...

    Wow! that looks great! I'm in Quebec City atm! Dantares

    1:58 PM, May 03, 2006  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    Dantares -- someone posts a bathtub shot and you have no opinion on the tub? You are distracted!

    8:28 PM, May 03, 2006  
    Blogger Dantares wrote in a love letter...

    absolutely! await photos! Dantares.
    (note enthusiastic use of exclamation marks.)

    9:00 PM, May 03, 2006  
    Blogger Nixxie wrote in a love letter...

    Looks Great!! I am so glad ours was done before we moved in. However, we have to redo the kitchen. ACK!

    1:14 AM, May 04, 2006  
    Anonymous D-Man wrote in a love letter...

    Love the mirror shots.

    5:47 AM, May 04, 2006  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    Your garden is an awkward Teen? Zits and anorexia and stuff? Love the new crapper! Big tiles make a huge difference, don't they?

    10:28 AM, May 04, 2006  
    Blogger Jay wrote in a love letter...

    Ooh, very nice, well worth the effort, I'd say.

    10:45 AM, May 04, 2006  
    Blogger Giovanna wrote in a love letter...

    omigah. *love* the tile and dark wood with the basin on it like that.

    Want to come do mine now? *g*

    I should link the picks to my kicthen project.

    4:37 PM, May 04, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Femme: No prob! :-)

    Dantares: I know! Iknow! IknowIknowIknowIknowIknow!!!!! ;-)

    Amusing: ?

    Pika: I do't envy you. I'd love to re-do my kitchen, but it's just not in the cards.

    D-Man: That's what I get for growing up near a nuclear power plant. But hey, I don't have to buy a night light for the boyos!

    Bud: You just won't let me be a lazy writer, will you? :-) And are you saying size matters in the bathroom?

    Miss Jay: Thank you. Nicest bathroom I've ever had!

    4:40 PM, May 04, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Hey G: Yessss, I rent out man, give you such a deal!
    Cool. Post your pics. We will rid the world of green tile yet!

    5:19 PM, May 04, 2006  
    Blogger The Laughing Frog wrote in a love letter...

    Much nicer after than before on the bathroom.

    Blooming in my garden are lilies of the valley, Spanish bluebells, and columbines. The snowdrops and Siberial squill are done, and it's too early for everything else.

    I'll have to link over from your place to the fiction. I'm really curious to give it a read!

    7:06 PM, May 04, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    No. Not for rent. I'll give her such a pinch if she tries. But thanks for all the nice comments - turns out it was well worth the work and time - and being a cheap bastard, everything was bought cheap too. By both of us - Nancy's a cheap bastard, too.
    O

    10:46 PM, May 04, 2006  
    Anonymous D-Man wrote in a love letter...

    I am also a psychic.
    No.
    Wait.
    I mean psycho.
    A dyslexic psycho.

    7:03 AM, May 05, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Lovely! We're the same then. One of the side-benefits to that nuclear power plant.

    9:16 AM, May 05, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home