Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Thursday, May 11, 2006

    Babes In Boyland

    I've got another story up on What if?

    I'm really a friendly little love goddess -- a pocket Venus -- but my short-shorts would lead you to believe otherwise.
    Fiction, that is. Not what I'm wearing.
    Ok, yeah. I've got a pair of those too.

    So, I've been watching my boyos play the past couple of days. I try to do it quietly, unobtrusively, because I don't want to break the spells they weave.
    They've got a whole world between the two of them, populated with all sorts of characters. Mind you, some are pulled directly from Dr. Seuss and Disney, and those good, old laugh-a-minute Grimm Brothers, but they put a new spin on them. Pretty soon, The Cat in the Hat and Thing One and Thing Two are leading Pinnochio off to be punished by the Three Bears for 'deading' Simba's daddy.*

    It's a post-modern world, after all. Sing with me. It's a po-mo world.

    I'm very proud of them, for so many reasons. They drive me insane, especially when they do fight -- and then the hitee gets angry at me when I suggest a time-out for the hitter. (Don't ever let anyone tell you twins get along ALL THE TIME.) But hey, maybe they'll defend each other in school, too.



    *(Yeah. They know about death, thanks to our cat, the mighty bird and rabbit hunter. And they are fascinated with it, almost as much as getting away with saying 'poop.')

    10 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Dantares wrote in a love letter...

    groan...my cat, Thursday Next, is the neighbourhood terror.....a pigeon and something so mangled as to be unidentifiable this morning....
    Dantares.
    I have fears for the lives of the Great Danes across the road.

    4:42 AM, May 12, 2006  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Mmmmmmm...short shorts.

    5:47 AM, May 12, 2006  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    Thanks for alerting me again to What If. I kind of forgot and neglected that. I'll go check soon.

    I'm glad they recognize that a time out for deading somebody is good policy.

    I think all shorts shorts should be written in short shorts. That would make it even more delicious, I think.

    11:15 AM, May 12, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Danteres: Thursday Next vs Grace O'Malley. Place your bets.

    Irr: Yeah, I liked yours! ;-)

    Bud: I should get Nair to sponsor me. If only I were a race car...with a crew of guys attending my undercarriage...ok, I'm stopping here.

    Go read my Post on What if? called Can't Seem to think of a title..." It's better, I think, than my current one.

    *snort* my WV is iisux

    5:22 PM, May 12, 2006  
    Blogger Lisa wrote in a love letter...

    I don't know what you're talking about. Twins do too get along all the time!! Ha. Just kidding. But I do find it fascinating the way they interact, and how little use they have for other children most of the time. I can't help but love it when one of them gets sad over the other's punishment...

    5:35 PM, May 12, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    They are a nation unto themselves at times. And I love how one will tattle on the other, then yell at me for dolling out a punishment.

    9:51 AM, May 14, 2006  
    Blogger Popeye wrote in a love letter...

    I do like your posts. I'll eventually jump over to What If, too.

    9:14 PM, May 14, 2006  
    Blogger Julie wrote in a love letter...

    they sound like so much fun!

    10:28 PM, May 16, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    They are, when they aren't collectively bent on destroying my sanity! ;-)

    10:59 PM, May 16, 2006  
    Blogger jeje wrote in a love letter...

    nike roshe run one
    michael kors factory outlet
    nike air zoom structure 19
    http://www.uggoutlet.uk
    adidas tubular UK
    michael kors handbags
    salomon speedcross
    adidas tubular
    adidas neo online shop
    michael kors outlet

    9:14 PM, March 22, 2017  

    Post a Comment

    << Home