Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Wednesday, April 26, 2006

    Tiptoe

    Dammit!!!!

    All right, whose muddy bare footprints are these all over the carpet!

    Oh. They’re mine. Heh.


    The garden came through the freeze just fine thanks to the floating row covers. The potatoes were a bit frost-nipped, but the carrots, parsnips, leeks, garlic, romaine and beets were just fine.
    The peas came through of course. Peas would scoff at Ragnarok.

    Looks like the blueberries love their new home. The raspberries are showing no signs of life. If the strawberries don’t make it, it’s all my fault.

    There’s the garden report for the week.

    ****
    Forgot to add, There's a new exercise up on What If?

    6 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Mmmmm...strawberries. Our peas are doing great too, and our raspberry bush? Small, with about eight leaves and no sign of ever getting any bigger. *sigh* BUT! The grapes are doing marvelously! Three more years and I'll be able to harvest!

    Bathtub gin, here I come!

    6:15 PM, April 26, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    I've got enough juniper berries to make bathtub gin. That is, before the cedar waxwings snap them all up.

    11:42 PM, April 26, 2006  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    Glad the garden survived. I predict we'll mostly be living under domes with artificial weather one day. 'Cause we fucked our eco system up so badly.

    4:54 AM, April 27, 2006  
    Blogger Popeye wrote in a love letter...

    (call me when the rasberries are ready - I may be coming through CO in June or August)

    5:45 AM, April 27, 2006  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Honest juniper berries. Nancy, you rock. *lol* Somehow, though, I don't think I'll ever be able to match Bombay Sapphire's level of quality, even with high quality berries rescued from avian predation.

    9:20 AM, April 27, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Bud: Amen, bro. Makes me sick. People wonder why cancer and strokes are up, and in younger people...don't get me started...

    Popeye: Yes yes yes! Though I ) _really_ hope it's not June 1-14. I'll be in Illinois. Ironic, isn't it, Alanis?


    Irrelephant: Ahhhh....Sapphire! Not enough room in a half acre to grow all those ingredients!

    10:13 AM, April 27, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home