Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Monday, April 17, 2006

    Sugar Hangover

    So here's a meme I've been holding in reserve for just such an occasion. Originally swiped from Lisa:

    1. Last kiss?
    This morning, to O running out the door. He managed a feel, too.

    2. How do you flush the toilet in public?
    Telekinesis

    3. Do you wear your seatbelt in the car?
    The way these Coloradoans drive? Always.

    4. Do you have a crush on someone?
    Someones. I’ve had crushes roughly since birth.

    5. Name one thing that you start to get tense about if you are close to running out of it:
    Writing time. Butter. Moooo.

    6. What famous person do you (or other people) think you resemble?
    According to some totally un-biased website, this chick:

    Jennifer Connelly.

    It also says that if I were a man, I'd look like this:

    Salvador Dali


    7. Favorite pizza topping: Anything the hole-in-the-wall pizza joint back home cares to put on it. It’s all good.

    8. Finish this sentence: if my life were a sitcom my theme song would be... 1985. If it were a dramady, it’d be the Indigo Girls’ Hammer and a Nail.

    9. Do you pop your knuckles? Never got the hang of it.

    10. What song do you dislike the most when it gets stuck in your head? Any kids’ music, especially this little diddy called “Fire Truck”.

    11. Did just mentioning that song make it get stuck in your head? No. I have other music playing, so I’m immune.

    12. What are your super powers? Synchronicity. The universe thinks I’m her bitch.

    13. Peppermint or spearmint? Cinnamon.

    14. Where are your keys? Who wants to know?

    15. Whose answers to this questionnaire do you want to hear? Yours.

    16. What's your most annoying habit? Living in my head.

    17. Where did you last go on vacation? Ireland.

    18. If you could punch one person in the nose and get away with it, who would it be? My great-grandfather on my dad’s mom’s side.

    19. What is your best physical feature? I possess sonnet-inspiring beauty. Or is that limerick-inspiring? There I go living in my head again. O would vote for my other ass-ets.

    20. What CD is closest to you right now? Within arms’ reach, there are about 5000. Don’t ask me to pick one.

    21. What 3 things can always be found in your refrigerator? Capers. Milk. Butter. Moo.

    22. What superstition do you believe/practice? It’s only superstitious if it doesn’t work for you.

    23. Does size matter? It does when your shoes are too tight.

    25. Do you talk on your cell phone when you drive? Cell phone?

    26. What are your favorite sayings? “Shitfirefuck!” “Just a minute!” “It’s not like I won’t use it.”

    27. What song(s) do you sing most often in the shower? Only the Lonely by The Motels. It’s about the only thing I can sing.

    28. If you could go backward or forward in time would you and where would you go? Pre-WWI, which was the height of civilization. But only if I could be a well-to-do Englishman, or a self-made woman of means. Might be easier to find a unicorn though.

    Actually, I’d settle for pre-911.

    29. What is your favorite Harrison Ford movie?Indiana Jones”. Duh.

    30. What CD is in your stereo? Everything’s played through the computer.

    31. What OCD qualities do you have? Checking email.

    32. How many kids do you plan on having? I’m done.

    33. If you could kiss anyone famous who would it be? I’d probably be giggling too hard to actually pucker up. But I’d be willing to try Colin Firth, or, um, Elijah Wood.

    34. Would you really want to kiss someone you didn't know? Everything is relative.

    35. What do you do when no one is watching? I’m not telling you. That’s why I do it when no one’s around.

    36. If they made a movie about your life, what actor/actress would play you? Sarah Jessica Parker.


    37. Would you rather die in a blaze of glory or peacefully in your sleep? A blaze of glory only if I’m defending my cubs.

    38. What candy, from when you were a kid, do you miss the most? I know all the words in this question, but strung together, they make no sense.

    39. What is your favorite movie? It’s a Wonderful Life.

    40. Favorite musician(s)/bands you've seen in concert? My favorite I-knew-them-back-then story: I saw Duran Duran open for Blondie about ten minutes before MTV first aired Hungry Like the Wolf. Best concerts? William Topley, Joe Jackson, Colin James Hay, because he was great, and because he ended up standing next to me in the crowd afterward to watch the Young Dubs. I guess I do kiss strangers.

    41. Have you ever been in love? All the time.

    42. Do you talk to yourself? All the time. I mostly lose the arguments, too.

    43. Is there anybody you just wish would fall of the face off the earth? Just about every elected official and corporate CEO. Anarchy and cottage industry! Now’s my chance to die in a blaze of glory!

    9 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Lisa wrote in a love letter...

    Dammit. Somehow I just deleted the comment I was leaving.

    Something about loving your answers.

    12:39 PM, April 17, 2006  
    Blogger Mr. Don wrote in a love letter...

    Nicely done. Between you and lisa, I know less about myself than I do people I have never met.

    What's up with that?

    2:59 PM, April 17, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Lisa: Doh! Thanks! :-)

    Mr Don: Oh I don't know. I read your meme. Sounds like you know yourself pretty well.

    Me, I know I can't type as well after consuming champaigne. hic.

    6:31 PM, April 17, 2006  
    Blogger The Laughing Frog wrote in a love letter...

    I'll answer the first 10:

    - this evening

    - with a shodden foot

    - yeah, but he lives here

    - toilet paper

    - I've been told Dyan Canon

    - gee...nobody

    - pepperoni

    - the theme from any Austin Powers movie

    - no, but I can crack just about every other major joint in my body

    - "The wheels on the train go 'round and 'round..." I get that one on my commuter train all the time in the summer when inconsiderate mommies bring their kids home during evening rush hour trains and sit right behind me. It makes everybody but the kid and mommy thoroughly miserable.

    7:39 PM, April 18, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Ewww...singing kids' songs in public, that's just....evil....

    9:02 PM, April 18, 2006  
    Blogger The Laughing Frog wrote in a love letter...

    Seriously. Even "A B C D E F G..LMNOP, QRS...T...and WY..and Z!" is much preferable to the train song, because it has educational value toward reading, but over and over, it grates on the nerves, too.

    While I admire parents who can deal with this, please keep it in the home, and not on public transportation.

    11:24 PM, April 18, 2006  
    Blogger The Laughing Frog wrote in a love letter...

    QRS, T and V, now we go to XY...Z. Dang. I didn't forget my alphabet--just forgot the song ending from 40-some years ago. As if that's really a problem. If I need to, I can write in Cyrillic, and that's a different story, altogether.

    11:31 PM, April 18, 2006  
    Blogger Jonathon S.B. Tiercel wrote in a love letter...

    ND, always a pleasure to stop by. Wish I had the time to answer the questions myself, but Baghdad is calling and I gots to go...

    10:37 AM, April 20, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    London Calling is so much better.

    8:05 PM, April 20, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home