Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Wednesday, April 05, 2006

    Oooopsie!

    The bushes are in, except for two raspberries which I've banked until tomorrow.

    O dug the holes using a post hole digger. He dug them nice and deep so I could re-fill them with compost and moss and all manner of lovely things bushes like to eat. Otherwise, they'd die in this godforsaken clay and sand.

    Nice, deep holes.

    Did I mention that all the wires in this neighborhood are buried?
    And that even though the power and phone companies spray painted lines and planted little orange flags all over our backyard last summer to mark them, they forgot one?

    Snap.

    Hmmm. Hey, babe, come here a minute.
    Looks like a cable line.
    Glad we don't have cable.
    Hope it's no one elses' line.
    Guess we'll find out.

    Later that evening...

    Hey, O. Now that it's dark, have you noticed anything?
    Like what?
    Well, after I put the boyos down and turned out the light, the room was very dark.
    That's what happens when you turn out the light, babe.
    No, I mean REALLY dark.
    ...?
    Look out front.
    Oh.
    Yeah.
    The streetlight's not working.
    Yup.
    Both: Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!
    I HATE that light!
    Me too!
    We win!
    Until they come to arrest us.
    For?
    I don't know. Vandalism? An act of terrorism?
    Whatever. No one's going to report it, right? And it's probably just a coincidence.

    A coincidence that continues.
    Oh well.....

    0 people left me a love letter:

    Post a Comment

    << Home