Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Sunday, April 09, 2006

    Odds and Ends

    I woke up today with a couplet and two short stories in my head.
    The couplet goes like this:

    Bang Bang Bang goes Old King Cole
    But the king we got aint got no soul

    The short stories aren't quite so snappy, but they've got some potential. I'll be working on them for the spankin' new site, "What If?" designed by Toots, and hosted by herself, Lisa, and me.
    Go check it out.
    It's a place for writers and fuckarounders to play with words. Toots has posted some writing exercises to get us all going, and there will be freestyle writing as well.

    One story I have in mind is tentatively called "Night Swimming to the Mermaid's Graveyard." The other hasn't told me its name yet. Both seem to want to go to dark places, like most of my short stuff. We'll see.

    10 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    That is a very cool place! I left a comment over there. Can't wait to see your stories. The couplet rocks!

    11:55 AM, April 09, 2006  
    Blogger The Laughing Frog wrote in a love letter...

    Saw your comment over at Bud Buckley's and came here to take a look around. Almost fell over when I saw a link on your place to Poppy's Live Journal...she's one of Nickolaus Pacione's favorite targets when he's not poison penning a few other authors (Brian Keene, Jean-Loup Benet, Dan Fox, Susan Taylor, Mary Sangiovanni, etc.). Nick is the world's worst writer, and a legend in his own mind. There's a whole cottage industry that has sprung up around him...a "Nick Haters Anonymous," if you will.

    If you don't mind, I'd like to add a link to your blog over at mine. I like this place.

    12:57 PM, April 09, 2006  
    Blogger Popeye wrote in a love letter...

    I like how your stories speak.

    8:04 PM, April 09, 2006  
    Blogger Nixxie wrote in a love letter...

    I love playing around with words, it is just with learning a new language by the time I get to my blog I am too tired to be creative in english. lol *ahem*

    3:26 AM, April 10, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Bud: Yeah, I'm really excited about the new site. I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

    Frog: Can I call you Frog? Thanks for adding me to your list, and consider me added to the Nick Haters Anon.list. I was having a difficult time writing a summary for my novel, and Doc Brite was kind enough to give me advice _and_ the outline for Prime as an example. Brite is a scolar and a gentleman, and Nick can stuff it.
    Hmmm...I can't get to your profile. What is your blog so I can add it to mine?

    Popeye: Thanks! You already know I'm a big fan of yours. I hope you are considering submiting something to What If?

    Pika: It's that English-Swedish crossover that gets creative! lol

    9:49 AM, April 10, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Make that "scholar" and "submitting". Yarg, I hate typos! This is what I get for hitting the keyboard without my morning coffee!

    9:52 AM, April 10, 2006  
    Blogger Esereth wrote in a love letter...

    If nothing else, your short story's title should sell copies.

    7:48 PM, April 10, 2006  
    Blogger Jay wrote in a love letter...

    It's eerie to wake up with words already in your head.

    11:01 PM, April 10, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Nah. It keeps me from getting lonely.

    Best line I ever woke up remembring: Once, after he'd had too much to drink, God misplaced his sketchbook.

    11:21 PM, April 10, 2006  
    Blogger jeje wrote in a love letter...

    nike roshe run one
    michael kors factory outlet
    nike air zoom structure 19
    http://www.uggoutlet.uk
    adidas tubular UK
    michael kors handbags
    salomon speedcross
    adidas tubular
    adidas neo online shop
    michael kors outlet

    9:14 PM, March 22, 2017  

    Post a Comment

    << Home