Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Sunday, April 23, 2006

    Heavy Cloud, No Rain

    Another Saturday, the storm clouds gather and dry hump Colorado, resulting in nothing. The lawn is already a sheet of shredded wheat. The only April showers we get are golden.
    Yes, I just compared sunshine to piss.
    Too much of anything eventually turns to piss.
    (Middle path, people, middle path.)
    I’m developing quite a grudge against the empty blue bowl over my head.
    Well, better that than against people.

    See, you used to be able to set your watch by the storms out here. Every afternoon around 2:30, the clouds rolled in. Rain fell by three. By 4:30 it was all over, just in time to fire up the grill and enjoy a steak outside in the post-storm coolness.

    Well, that’s gone. Been gone for years.

    Ok. Jesus, enough grousing already, Dancehall.

    I know what my problem is. Tonight I take care of it. Make the shakes go away.

    Something kind of funny though. The boyos keep bringing in dry sticks and rocks. It's freekin' Blair Witch around here.

    P.S. Friends of Jennifer, you have me at a disadvantage. Say hello, please?

    12 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Jonathon S.B. Tiercel wrote in a love letter...

    ND -

    Feel your pain, would love some rain, but it only comes down in mud and dirt. Was a bit cloudy today so a bit cooler (high 80s/low 90s). Have the shakes too, what would you suggest?

    12:58 PM, April 23, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Yes, compared to what you're looking at, my bitchings sound pansy-assed. I saw your other photos from Summer Camp. Yeeesh.

    Shakes? I think we have the shakes for two completely different reasons, m'dear. ;-) Tonight I cheat on O with 500 lovers, at least. Two full pages of them. I'll get this book written one way or another.

    2:18 PM, April 23, 2006  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    I'm surprised. We're hurting for rain too. Our daily storms are usually right on schedule. I think we may be in for a hell of a hurricane season here in Florida. So I'm gonna enjoy this while it lasts. The bright piss of sunshine, huh? That's pretty original!

    8:33 PM, April 23, 2006  
    Blogger Dick wrote in a love letter...

    Same way here in DFW, Texas girl.
    We haven't had shit for rain and you know this summer's going to be a bitch.

    8:56 PM, April 23, 2006  
    Blogger Nixxie wrote in a love letter...

    "Another Saturday, the storm clouds gather and dry hump Colorado, resulting in nothing."

    I am sorry, I didn't get past this line....

    LOL!!!!!

    12:08 AM, April 24, 2006  
    Anonymous Tommy Gunn wrote in a love letter...

    I'm not a friend of Jennifer, although I have nothing against her personally, we haven't actually been introduced yet. But I thought I'd say hello anyway. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.
    TG

    8:22 AM, April 24, 2006  
    Blogger Dantares wrote in a love letter...

    Have some of my rain. Montreal has far too much atm. I told my Dad to pack for summer and it's bucketing!
    And thats a Brit saying that there is too much of the wet stuff...
    Dantares.

    9:23 AM, April 24, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Bud: Oh, let's hope not! The weather is such a mess!

    Dick: So I've heard. Argh. Good luck with the sheetrock. We just finished up our bathroom.

    Pika: That was supposed to be a beautiful, though-provoking line of poetry frought with deep meaning, and you're laughing at it?! ;-)

    Tommy: Hi there back atcha! Thanks for stopping by.

    Dantares: You must be drowning up there, man! Maybe it will run off down the side of the globe to Colorado and Texas. Funny how that just doesn't seem to happen. ;-)


    Heh. Word Verification is: ooohimy

    9:56 AM, April 24, 2006  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    I know this is way post of the post, but I have to say this--if you look like Jenn C. I just might have to start stalking you. If you look like Dali then I'm going to have to get on my knees at your feet and ask for lessons!

    1:14 PM, April 24, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Heh. You'll have to ask the three or so people on here who have actually seen me who I more closely resemble.
    What kind of lessons? Painting? Moustache-growing? A fish?

    3:59 PM, April 24, 2006  
    Blogger Dantares wrote in a love letter...

    I don't know! Depends what an Aussie looks like. But -4'10"? You would be the joint shortest person I know. The other is an old friend of my parents - a mother of three.
    She is a teacher of people with behavioural difficulties. As such, many years ago, just after she first qualified, she was asked to put on a play and decided to do Shakespeares Hamlet. The group of people she was working with where all aged 18+, and where looking to get through their GCSE's (usually taken at 16) and so have some hope of a future.
    As such, on set she had to deal with such issues as exhibitionism, involuntary exhibitionism, fights, knife-fights, near-rape of one pupil by another (both male) and, in the best of Shakespearian customs: no females whatsoever. The cast sorted this out by demanding the homosexuals among them took the feminine parts - to which, as the story goes, they agreed to unanimously.
    Anyway, so despite this issues, after a few months practicing they held a showing, meant to be the only time it would happen. It was so successful that it ran for three days (not bad for a college production, and even better for a college production in the depths of Rural Sussex) and so she said "Right lads, that was bloody amazing. Thanks for working so hard. Tell you what, I'll buy you a round down the pub."
    So they trooped off to the pub. The barman greeted all them all as the regular customers as they undoubtedly were. He then nudged a couple of them and said "Here - that girl with you. She is of age, isn't she?"
    Dantares.

    6:50 PM, April 24, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Hee hee...I love that story! Yes, short women have that advantage. At 30, I was asked out by a seventeen-year-old who thought I was at most 21. Big, big ego boost.

    8:21 PM, April 24, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home