Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Friday, April 14, 2006

    Fiction's Up

    Good morning. May I direct your attention to the the first installment of "What If?" Lot's of fun writing going on over there today. If you want to play, contact Tootsie Roll and she'll hook you up.

    We colored Easter eggs last night. Jack got so excited, the poor little guy wet himself. He seems to think that for Easter, we go trick-or-treating, and then come home and put up the Christmas tree.

    I've been a bit remiss in the boyos' religious education, as you can see. Gotta work on that. Or, for the sake of their precious souls, get someone else to work on it. I'm kind of the proverbial millstone. Jack is already developing an existential outlook -- "I don't want to go to heaven. Heaven is full of passed-away people and they're no fun."

    Au contraire, dear boy. Au contraire.

    3 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Esereth wrote in a love letter...

    If the theology is correct (and gracious, I hope it isn't) all the really fun people are not in heaven. They end up in hell. And they aren't having fun anymore, or else you couldn't really call it hell.

    The end result being, death is no fun, not for anyone.

    But don't tell your sons that. Tell them they can be reincarnated as happy catepillars. Kids love that.

    Me, I love booze. Which explains this post.

    10:28 PM, April 14, 2006  
    Blogger The Laughing Frog wrote in a love letter...

    Poor Jack. I had to work full day today. The Catholics were the only ones in the office holding down the fort on Good Friday. Ironic, huh?

    11:01 PM, April 14, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    note to self...Happy catepillars...gotta write that down...maybe start a church...Church of the Happy Catepillars...

    Catholics make the best marytrs. That's why they hold down the fort so often. I'm quite lapsed myself. I got off the cross a while ago when I realized the wood could be put to better purposes.

    11:57 AM, April 15, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home