Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Thursday, April 27, 2006

    Come One Come All!

    Big day today for Books Unlimited! We’re having a HUGE sale, something O has worked on for weeks now. He’s nervous, though he doesn’t need to be. It’s going to be a smashing success, I know.

    So, if you happen to be in the Denver metro area, stop by. Details are on the website. Tremendous savings in the main store. No book over $3 in the annex next door. Check out the Medieval manuscript leaves, discounted 10%. My favorite! (He ships, too.)

    12 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    I wish I lived near Colorado, I'd be there like a shot.

    Uhm...I know this is a bit ridiculous and pedestrian, but if hubby has any old Rex Stout Nero Wolfe books I'd love to keep filling my bookcase...*S* Hardbound or otherwise, tell him to take his time, I'm patient.

    6:50 PM, April 27, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Good old Nero Wolfe. I'll ask O.

    7:47 PM, April 27, 2006  
    Blogger The Laughing Frog wrote in a love letter...

    LOL! Irrelephant, a friend of my parents gave me her entire Nero Wolfe collection that hse had collected over 30 years. It's not for sale. I treasure it as much as you will yours, when you ammass one. Mine's not complete, but it takes up half a bookshelf in paperback.

    Nancy, thanks for stopping by to comment on LF. If you really are serious about my springing my first effort at sci-fi off you for your critique, I'll gladly add your name to my list. :)

    7:57 PM, April 27, 2006  
    Blogger Nixxie wrote in a love letter...

    I sure wish we had extra money. I love books and left a lot of them back in the states when I moved.

    Every year in February Sweden has a book sale. All the bookstore do this. It's for one week and books are REALLY cheap then. People actually take off work for this! It's insane! I will have to journal about it next year as I will have extra cash then!

    8:23 AM, April 28, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    LF: Absolutely! Add it.

    Pika: Sounds like heaven. Is it just used book stors that do this, or all of them?

    9:03 AM, April 28, 2006  
    Blogger Bud wrote in a love letter...

    I'm pretty dangerous near such things with a live credit card in my hand. I try to stop in the library first. Saves hundreds.

    9:36 AM, April 28, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Bud: After this October when we close the store, I'll be paying for books for the first time in 17 years. That's gonna take a chunk out of the budget!

    2:47 PM, April 28, 2006  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Frog, you're killing me! I still haven't read the entire corpus, I'm actually trying to draw it out so I won't run out suddenly and have to deal with that heart-sinking feeling that THERE IS NO MORE. *sigh*

    7:29 PM, April 28, 2006  
    Anonymous Anonymous wrote in a love letter...

    Heyya Irrelephat - no Rex Stout at the moment. Tough to keep in stock, as he is one of those authors that people collect: hardback, paperback, pristine signed first edition or crappy, battered, falling apart pocket book. People love them, and because of that, I always make a spot on the shelf to sell them when I get them in the shop. The spot's usually empty in a few days. If I find any, they're most likely to be paperbacks, is that OK?
    You can email me directly otierney(at)nilenet.com with a list of what you are looking for.
    Best,
    O

    9:50 PM, April 28, 2006  
    Blogger Nixxie wrote in a love letter...

    All book stores. It's the annual Sweden Book Sale....it is truly great! I actually got to buy 2 books this time around. Both for TBSs dad for his birthday. But I got to see the mad rush at open. Anyone who says Swedes are passive hasn't been to the annual book sale!

    2:27 PM, April 29, 2006  
    Blogger Dick wrote in a love letter...

    I think I'd physically be in heaven in a bookstore like that. Really.

    9:23 PM, May 01, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Pika: Sounds like Nordic heaven.

    Dick: It's a great place. Thanks for saying so.

    12:28 AM, May 02, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home