Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Tuesday, April 25, 2006

    Be Careful What You Wish For

    It RAINED!

    Then it snowed.

    More than a dusting, less than an inch. Perfect for the garden. And my sanity.
    So I'm all blissed out. I even accomplished some writing yesterday that I'd intended to do a couple of nights ago. I ended up reading about 200 pages of the manuscript that night instead, which is a good thing. I hadn't done it yet, and now I can say that I'm pleased with the way the story flows. All the hooks are in the right places, the clues have all been dropped in, and I can slap a label on it saying, 'Now with 32% Less Pointless Angst!' (Thanks, DMG.)

    So. I'm jumping up and down because of a few things...that I think I still need to keep to myself.
    Stay tuned.

    Oh, and a little clarification -- friends of Jennifer R., please say hello if you're still lurking. (Not to be confused with friends of Jennifer Connelly. But you can say hello too, I guess.)


    Oh oh! And I had a dream last night, in which I completely grasped quantum mechanics and so was able to go back in time to a young Einstein in his patent office.
    I kissed him, then whispered in his ear:
    "God does play dice. And it's...spooky."
    Then I vanished.

    And just because his hair is so incredibly lovely after a bath, here's the back of Declan's head:

    14 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Giovanna wrote in a love letter...

    omg Nancy I just want to eat him up!!!!!!

    Hee. Hooray for you for getting some writing done. I have been mired in domesticity and marriage. *pout*

    11:55 AM, April 25, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Awwww...that's sweet that you want to eat one of my sons!

    Darn it, G, I've been thinking about you and your domestic life! Hope all goes well.

    12:46 PM, April 25, 2006  
    Blogger Irrelephant wrote in a love letter...

    Rain...ain't it just a marvel? It absolutely poured down here, lovely damp stuff, falling from the sky just like helium balloons...uhm...don't. Fall.

    Ahem.

    I love a good rainstorm.

    4:24 PM, April 25, 2006  
    Anonymous clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    Well, it didn't rain here, and hasn't for months. Ah, Pueblo.... Good song about it: Robert Earl Keen's "Not A Drop of Rain." Springsteen's "This Hard Land" as well.

    I agree JALL has a nice flow to it. The train cars fit together more nicely than I expected, given your previous comments about it. Almost done!

    4:47 PM, April 25, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Irrelephant: You have no idea how relevant helium balloons and rain are to me right this very minute. Get out of my head! :-)

    Mr. Clowncar: It never does, down there. How can you stand it? I think you guys need to move north, for the sake of your sanities. And mine.
    Thanks! Woot! I've got more for you to read when you're ready. I REALLY appreciate this. Again, good luck with Bread Loaf!

    7:48 PM, April 25, 2006  
    Blogger Esereth wrote in a love letter...

    I think it's more likely Einstein dreamed YOU. And life is what happened after you vanished.

    9:59 PM, April 25, 2006  
    Blogger Nixxie wrote in a love letter...

    Snow?!! In April!!!?? I am in Sweden and it's only raining...well, in the souther half anyway. lol

    That hair is MARVY! can't you cut it off and send it to me!?

    5:05 AM, April 26, 2006  
    Blogger Des_Moines_Girl wrote in a love letter...

    Beautiful curls! He's gonna drive the girls wild!!! ;-)

    We had rain glop yesterday - I don't know what the technical term would be. It's not really snow and not really rain...definitely not sleet or hail. How to describe...it's really thick rain...like loogies... Yuck!

    My word ID was luudsv - works for me.

    8:32 AM, April 26, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Esereth: That scenario is entirely probable. Einstein would disagree, but hey, he's wrong!

    Pika: O tells me it's snowed here on the 4th of July. Of course, he's the same guy who left the steering wheel comment on DMG's site...

    DMG: He already drives the girls wild. He knows how to work it, too. Jack's got the eyes, but Declan's got the moves. (Am I sick or what?)

    The word you're looking for to describe the stuff falling from the sky is 'oobleck'. It's in a Dr. Suess book.

    9:46 AM, April 26, 2006  
    Blogger Nixxie wrote in a love letter...

    steering wheel comment?...hmmm...gonna have to check that out..

    bleck in Swedish is tin-plate, tin.I guess you don't want that falling from the sky. lol

    9:03 AM, April 27, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Ouch!! :-)

    12:43 PM, April 27, 2006  
    Blogger amusing wrote in a love letter...

    Oh, one of mine has curls like that too! And I've gotten so many requests to cut one off for people -- what IS that about? Sometimes I actually oblige. And I put a couple away for future reference...his baby curls.

    10:44 AM, April 28, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Yup, I have little baggies with baby locks tucked safely away.

    I walked into a crowded room with them recently, and a total stranger said, "Here comes the cherubs!" That made my week.

    2:57 PM, April 28, 2006  
    Blogger jeje wrote in a love letter...

    michael kors outlet online
    nike roshe one
    links of london
    nike huarache
    basketball shoes
    adidas yeezy boost
    air jordan shoes
    yeezy boost
    cheap jordans
    true religion outlet

    9:07 PM, March 22, 2017  

    Post a Comment

    << Home