Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Monday, March 06, 2006

    A Quick Update


    Marvin Hill -- Blockprint

    I had a marvelous weekend with Mr. Clowncar, lil Peewee and their beautiful daughters. The kids played together with nary a fight, and went to sleep quickly.
    Joy!
    After they fell asleep, the four of us grown ups sat around getting into our cups as they say, discussing all the things you aren’t supposed to discuss, like politics and religion and sex and the meaning of life and the bitch of death.
    And hey! I wasn’t hungover mother/inert hostess this time!
    (I’m starting a band called Hungover Mother, I swear.)
    I was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed
    Not like that, you pervert.
    (Can you tell I’m practicing for my stint on Bored Housewife? Well, not ON her, you pervert. I can’t believe you.)

    Ok, back to being me. Or as much me as I can be under a pseudonym.

    So, the weekend was great, despite a couple of snafus. I’ve decided that I am nailing my dog’s feet to the backyard. He ran away at a most untimely time. Then I got lost looking for him. No, really. I live in suburbia, with winding greenbelts and cul-de-sacs that all have names like Hunting Chase, Hunting Circle, Hunting Road, Hunting Avenue. I don’t know where I am. And I’m mentally ill.
    Proof:
    While looking for Sam, I saw two crows, and I'd heard that Counting Crows song that references the counting of crows just the other day after not hearing it for years, and when you count crows it’s two for joy, so I assumed O had found our dog so I stopped looking, found my way back from the greenbelt paths to a street, wandered until I found my very own street, and O came cruising up behind me, saying he’d dropped off the dog about fifteen minutes before, and had been looking for me.
    Yeah. An intuitive existentialist who REALLY REALLY wants to believe. And did, once upon a time.
    But really, if you had coincidences happen to you with the frequency that I’ve had them, you’d start counting crows too. Remind me to tell you about my first flight to Ireland. Now there’s a punch line ten years in the making.
    So. We took all the kids to the park next to the planetarium, since the original plan had been to actually go to the planetarium itself, so the kids could see the IMAX show about planets
    (Yeah, right. When I say ‘kids’, I really mean so Mr. Clowncar and I could sit there and be geeky and gawk at the planets ourselves)
    but the tickets were sold out. Thanks, Sam.
    It was worth it though, to see Declan take S.’s hand when they ran way ahead of us. Lil Peewee and I got all misty and started making wedding plans for the little darlings. (Yes, DMG, I still have Jack reserved for Darling Daughter E.)



    Ok. Bed now. Bed good. I’ll show you some purty pictures sometime tomorrow, if I get the chance.

    4 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger mykl jon wrote in a love letter...

    Syncronicity is squirrely.
    It has had me on the brink of believing a time or two as well.
    Fortunately crows helped Clowncar find dog and you got unlost.
    This sounds like I'm talking in some kind of code.
    Remember the secret password is, "The snail smokes a pipe." and the reply, "I came here from the future."
    Good luck agent Dancehall
    mykl@*61
    todays word verication code is "zewod"

    2:48 PM, March 07, 2006  
    Blogger mykl jon wrote in a love letter...

    Please tell me/us about your first trip to Ireland.
    The land of the Ire. The place whence your plane did land. That land upon which you didst plainly disembark from a plane. The pla....HEY! SHUT UP and let her tell the story! Oh sorry, yes please do tell.
    mykl

    10:35 PM, March 07, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    I worry about you, mykl.

    12:03 PM, March 08, 2006  
    Blogger mykl jon wrote in a love letter...

    Thank you for your worries. I will be alright after I take someones pills. Now let me see...
    mykl

    Ireland?

    9:57 PM, March 08, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home