Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Wednesday, March 08, 2006

    Nancy's Fancy…

    …backyard. Cue the banjos.



    We’re demolishing the main bathroom. In the meantime, we have a lovely homage to my rustic roots on our back porch. (Is that a Nancy reflection in the window?)

    Now it’s snowing. I’ll have to photograph “Still Life with Toilet and Snow.”

    Here’s some photos of our progress:

    Black mold anyone? (Maybe that’s why I’m feeling squirrelly?)

    You wanna take a baaaaath?

    I’ll post the after shots when it’s all done. Believe me.

    Here’s a picture of the nice part of the house, taken by one of the boyos.


    And for Popeye, some of my photos of prettier places.Hell's Half Acre

    The next three are all in Ireland


    Maybe someday I’ll get around to putting my face up here.

    10 people left me a love letter:

    Anonymous art bell wrote in a love letter...

    In the fifth picture down, there's a ectoplasmic entity in the lower left. Run for your lives!

    12:06 PM, March 08, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Naaah, Art, that's just a Rod. Run for your lives! The Rods are invading!

    12:49 PM, March 08, 2006  
    Blogger mykl jon wrote in a love letter...

    Hell hath frozen over! Hooray! Let the partying begin.
    Speaking of ectoplasmic rods, what's with the irridescent peak on the stone archway in Ireland? A great photo by the way!
    Hell's Half Acre looks very much like what I see out my window currently.(or I would see if it was daylight) Everything has a fresh coating of 3 inches of snow. The branches a bent over under it's weight. I love that look.
    Are you going to tell a story to go along with the Irish photos?
    just a curious reminder,
    mykl

    10:09 PM, March 08, 2006  
    Blogger Des_Moines_Girl wrote in a love letter...

    I knew a guy in college who wanted to show me his ectoplasmic rod...

    Beautiful pics of Ireland and Hell's Half Acre.

    The toilet is simply post modern art.

    7:26 PM, March 09, 2006  
    Blogger Jonathon S.B. Tiercel wrote in a love letter...

    Photos look great - just need some whiskey to go along with them...

    Reminds me of home.

    10:15 PM, March 10, 2006  
    Blogger Nixxie wrote in a love letter...

    Bathroom renovations suck.....especially when there is only ONE bathroom. I am so glad ours was done before we moved.

    3:20 AM, March 12, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    JSBT -- Got some...Tullamore Dew. I like to take them bird dawgs out, an' jest sit awhile on the throne with mah Dew.

    nicci -- Lucky you! Actually, O is having fun with it, more than I thought.

    Cool. Verification is 'gzeedz'. There's got to be something I can do with that.

    12:22 PM, March 12, 2006  
    Blogger Favorite Apron wrote in a love letter...

    12 years after we built our house, we still haven't finished the master bath. May you soon be enjoying the bathroom of your dreams!

    1:56 PM, March 13, 2006  
    Blogger Guest wrote in a love letter...

    Thanks, polly! It's an exciting process!

    11:41 AM, March 15, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    mykl: It's a face, one of the ancient Irish kings, probabmy Boru.

    DMG: Duchamp!

    3:12 PM, March 18, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home