Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Wednesday, March 22, 2006

    Loaves and Fishes

    The boyos and I had a lovely sushi dinner last night. Declan’s proclamation: “This is the best good treat, Mommy.” I couldn’t agree more.
    No, I’m not feeding my children raw fish, much as they beg for it. They stick to the California Rolls, Unagi and miso soup.


    This morning I had to burp the bread.
    Get your mind out of the gutter!
    I’m talking about the bags of Amish Friendship Bread.
    They were ready to explode. The first one still had that yummy, eat-me-now flavor, with an added sweetness. It smelled like a donut shop.
    The other one now smells like some of the homeless folks who frequent all-night donut shops.
    I’m dubbing it the Evil Twin.

    I think the CHUD folks got a hold of some of this stuff.

    Maybe I’ll make it into bread anyway. Give it to people I don’t like…not any of you, of course. To you I give nothing but Amish friendship, sweet and dreamy. Yum.

    Ooops. Sorry. Got sidetracked there.

    9 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger E. wrote in a love letter...

    Hey Nancy Dancehall. I wrote the poem you requested on Orange's blog (the search queries post from a week or so back). So go read it, and give me notes.

    We have the same template. I chose this one because for some reason it reminded me of Jane Austen.

    I agree that sushi is the best good treat, or at least one of the best. Your boys have impressively complex palates.

    3:47 PM, March 22, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Hi! Nice to meet you. Cool. Let me go back and check it out. Where is it on your site?

    6:07 PM, March 22, 2006  
    Blogger mykl jon wrote in a love letter...

    Nancy,
    I'm sorry to say I am not up on my internet shorthand. In the comments from the last post you remarked
    "ftfbft" I can only guess what that means.
    Harrison looks very friendly and yeasty smelling here. Or is that pheromones?
    I'll bet you'd like to butter him and ...
    I find it surprising that the boyos go for the sushi. Do the Calif. rolls have seaweed wraps? I agree with e, they must have very sophisticated palates. Future Chef's perhaps...?
    mykl

    9:40 PM, March 22, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    9:50 PM, March 22, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    E: Guffaw! Found it on Orange's site. Very good!


    Mykl: ftfbft was my 2nd word verification...but now I'm compelled to come up with something...

    Skip the butter; it's honey, remember?

    Yes, they have seaweed wraps. I've been doing my best to expose the boyos to all kinds of food. One of their first solid-foods was sorrel soup with lavendar and thyme; it's what happened to be in season from the garden. I'd be one proud mama if they grew up to be chefs, but I don't know if I could stand watching them go through the pressure.

    9:50 PM, March 22, 2006  
    Anonymous agents scully and mulder wrote in a love letter...

    There's a weird squiggly blue thing coming out of Harrison Ford's shirt. Rod? Ectoplasm? We must investigate.

    4:04 PM, March 23, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Yes, we must! I'll go in first. :-)

    9:38 PM, March 23, 2006  
    Blogger chenlili wrote in a love letter...

    2016-4-30 xiaobao
    michael kors outlet
    toms shoes
    tory burch outlet
    replica watches
    christian louboutin outlet
    toms
    pandora jewelry
    louis vuitton handbags
    caoch outlet
    nike roshe flyknit
    coach factory outlet
    ray bans
    louis vuitton outlet
    coach outlet store online
    nike roshe run
    michael kors bags
    lebron james shoes 13
    coach outlet
    fake watches
    christian louboutin
    kobe shoes 11
    longchamp bags
    louis vuitton outlet
    ralph lauren polo
    ray ban
    burberry outlet online
    hollister uk
    louis vuitton outlet stores
    louis vuitton handbags
    michael kors outlet
    coach factory outlet
    michael kors outlet
    oakley sunglasses
    true religion
    michael kors outlet online
    tory burch sale
    adidas trainers
    rolex submariner
    louis vuitton outlet
    louis vuitton bags

    7:16 PM, April 29, 2016  
    Blogger jeje wrote in a love letter...

    nike roshe run one
    michael kors factory outlet
    nike air zoom structure 19
    http://www.uggoutlet.uk
    adidas tubular UK
    michael kors handbags
    salomon speedcross
    adidas tubular
    adidas neo online shop
    michael kors outlet

    9:13 PM, March 22, 2017  

    Post a Comment

    << Home