Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Tuesday, March 14, 2006

    Is It in Yet???

    Yes, oh yes!!! Yes, oh my God!! It's in! Yes! They're BOTH in! Yessssss!! And it feels so GOOOOOOD!!!

    My manuscript entries, that is.
    I got a phone call from a woman named Sara (HA!) at the James Jones First Fellowship Contest. She called to say she got both copies.
    I'm in the contest after all!
    Orgasmic joy!
    I haven't been this happy since Valentine's Day!

    I'm a contender!

    P.S. I'm guest-blogging over at Bored Housewife today (HowTony Soprano Almost Got Me Laid). I had a different post I was going to do, an Exclusive Update from Lisa in Paris, but I changed my mind. Maybe I'll post it here tomorrow.

    8 people left me a love letter:

    Anonymous herman melville wrote in a love letter...

    Good for you. They lost mine. It's a short story about a little boy who is obsessed with his goldfish, but I'm thinking of expanding it into a novel. Any ideas?

    2:48 PM, March 15, 2006  
    Blogger Popeye wrote in a love letter...

    That's cool. I look forward to reading it. . .

    6:14 PM, March 15, 2006  
    Blogger mykl jon wrote in a love letter...

    Jeesh! After the way that started, I was sportin' a "first edition hard cover". (if you know what I mean) Congratulations Nancy D.!! I'm going to jump on over to Boredhousewife right now and read more about it.
    mykl

    7:36 PM, March 15, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Herman: I find music to be a source of inspiration. Have you ever listened to Moby? Something tells me he might be your answer...

    Popeye: You can see the first two chapters on my other blog, _Just Another Love Letter._ Check it out on my profile. Sounds like you had an exciting trip back east.

    mykl: ROTFL!! You're a sick, sick man. (My husband the bookseller is jealous that he never thought of that description, and so he's stealing it from you.)

    11:21 AM, March 16, 2006  
    Blogger MyUtopia wrote in a love letter...

    Good luck in the contest

    11:34 AM, March 16, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Thanks, myutopia! You write for a living?

    5:21 PM, March 16, 2006  
    Blogger Julie wrote in a love letter...

    Yes!!! When will you get to collect your prize?

    10:17 AM, March 20, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Julie!!! How's it going, girl?
    Thanks for the vote of confidence. :-) The winners will be announced in September, I believe. The next step is for them to request the next 50 pages. Hopefully, I won't have the same problem getting the pages to them!

    10:56 AM, March 20, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home