Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Monday, March 20, 2006

    Blind Date

    Today is the first day of spring, and Colorado has decided to celebrate by dumping snow everywhere.
    It’s beautiful, though, even for someone who is climbing the walls because she can’t get out and dig in the dirt.
    We’re having a snow day; O is home, he’s built a lovely fire using wood we cleared from the land (ha!) last fall, and I’m about to make chocolate cookies and hot chocolate, and all manner of things chocolately, and we’ll all gather round the fire and enjoy.


    Later after the boyos have gone to bed, O and I will enjoy the fire in an entirely different way.

    So, last night we went on a family blind date, and met the family of Jonathon S.B. Tiercel and darn it, I forgot to ask him why he chose that name. Anyway, he’s an old friend of Des Moines Girl, older even than me, and that’s pretty old. (I remember when she and I were young virgins, dressed in white, huddling together and listening to ominous chanting in a room down below us. But I digress).
    Very nice people, very funny, very beautiful children, and with similar views regarding the States vs the UK and Ireland. I think we’ll be getting to know each other better.

    Or I could have misread the whole thing, and Mr. Tiercel and family will be packing up and leaving to avoid us. :-)

    8 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Des_Moines_Girl wrote in a love letter...

    Hope you had a great snow day! Sounds wonderful!

    Ah memories! That feels like a life time ago!

    Of course now if you start hanging out with JSBT you guys can compare notes and tell stories about me! (eeep!) Find out what's up with his name. I keep forgetting to ask him.

    7:00 PM, March 20, 2006  
    Blogger Jonathon S.B. Tiercel wrote in a love letter...

    ND/DMG

    What a great night it was. Really enjoyed meeting you all, especially with so much in common. DMG, guess will just have to tell wonderful stories about you till you come and visit...

    Love you all...

    9:52 PM, March 20, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Ah, yes. It was lovely. O's just now getting Our Eldest to sleep, and I'm doing my best to remain patient...

    Heh heh...stories about you...I've got my blackmail folder out and at the ready....

    9:53 PM, March 20, 2006  
    Blogger mykl jon wrote in a love letter...

    If I read about a flash flood in Colorado, I'll know that you and O produced an extreme amount of heat with all the friction. I would expect nothing less.
    Friendship bread, cookies, chocolate, sex...Your house sounds like a fantasy land of sensual delight.
    I'm starting to feel a little warm already!
    mykl

    9:54 PM, March 20, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    mykl: Oh, yes, it is.

    10:15 PM, March 20, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    JSBT: Yay! You're not packing and leaving!

    It was a great night, one the family hopes to repeat soon.

    Thanks for the tea, by the way. It made today warmer.

    10:22 PM, March 20, 2006  
    Blogger MyUtopia wrote in a love letter...

    Isn't it ironic that it oftens snows or is freakin cold on the first day of spring? :)

    1:05 PM, March 21, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Yup. Colorado likes to keep its reputation as the Snowy State.

    8:00 PM, March 21, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home