Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Friday, February 24, 2006

    Now a little comfort blog -- Because we all need it

    Marvin Hill -- Inky Puddle


    Some people eat comfort food.
    Some read their favorite books over again. Some put on a ratty old sweatshirt they wouldn’t trade for the finest Prada dress.

    For me? Well…it’s this:
    Night scenes
    Gothic architecture
    Candles
    Gauzy curtains
    Perfect hair
    Ridiculous amounts of mascara
    Everything moving in slow motion
    Dramatic backlighting
    Doves
    Glowing eyes
    Doors opening by themselves
    Wind machines
    Gorey-esque schoolboy with wings
    English schoolboys
    English schoolboys wearing not much at all
    English schoolboys wearing not much at all getting all wet
    Ninjas! Ninjas! Ninjas!
    Fancy dinner party
    Water splashing out of silver wine glasses
    Fencing
    Hard bodies tumbling through the air
    Ninjas again!
    Motorcycle gang dancing on a staircase
    English schoolboys in football shoulder pads and tight pants and nothing else
    Hard bodies tumbling through the air redeux
    Running down endless halls in slow motion
    Running down endless halls in slow motion with dramatic backlighting and a wind machine
    Food fight!
    Half-hidden face with chiseled good looks. And wet.
    More glowing eyes
    Possessed choir boys
    Possessed choir boy flying through the air
    Gorey-esque kid again
    Hard bodies dancing in bondage wear
    Bondage boy in feathers

    And finally what I like to call the, It-Was-All-Just-A-Crazy-Dream…-Or-Was-It!?!?!? factor.



    Yeah. I watch old 80s videos. (Name that one.)

    'Splains a lot, dunnit?


    16 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger mykl jon wrote in a love letter...

    Wooo! that was a hell of a list.
    Hardbodied english schoolboy in the choir all wet and tied up. Are you giving him a bit of a spanking which causes him to get a nice hard-on by any chance?
    just curious...
    I started making a list but I just ended thinking about several people masturbating (OK women masturbating)
    I tried to pretty it up with leaves falling and dogs licking babies but it just wasn't believable.
    mykl
    You crazy sexy writer you!

    11:06 PM, February 24, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    All right, all right, before you start thinking I'm a child molester, go back and read the last two lines: I described scene by scene the video for Total Eclipse of the Heart, one of the weirdest 80's zeitgeists.

    Whew. I'm glad I didn't detail Duran Duran's Wild Boys.

    3:33 PM, February 25, 2006  
    Blogger Des_Moines_Girl wrote in a love letter...

    I just have this to say...

    WILD BOYS!!!
    WILD BOYS!!!
    WILD BOYS!!!

    I I Love Love Duran Duran

    Or at least I used to...

    7:59 PM, February 25, 2006  
    Anonymous stevie nicks wrote in a love letter...

    gay, gay, gay, gay, gay, gay, gay.

    8:20 PM, February 25, 2006  
    Blogger mykl jon wrote in a love letter...

    Stevie,
    That's gayX7. Are you suggesting that someone in Duran Duran is expressing some gay sentiment?
    just curious

    Nancy,
    I missed the last two lines of the post. I would never have guessed those were lyrics. I really wasn't thinking you were a child moledster. We all have fantasies about those days when we were teenagers ourselves. The intense arousal of that time is a potent memory and good material for many a fantasy.
    Stevie Nicks would also be good material for a few fantasies.
    (Stevie, I apologize if that creeps you out. You understand the whole public figure/not reality thing I assume.) (Are you THE Stevie Nicks? You know the internet. I could just as easily be Mick Jagger)
    mykl

    12:57 AM, February 26, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Aw, Stevie! You're just bitter because Lindsey called out MY name! Get over yourself.

    Snicker...snort...maybe I should arrange a meeting between Stevie and mykl jon?

    My first rock concert at the tender age of 11 was Blondie. They had this opening group, and I had a difficult time deciding the gender of most of the members. When they were finished, my best friend said, "Well, we won't be hearing from them again!"
    Two days later, one of their videos came on mtv -- Hungry Like the Wolf.
    Man, I wish I'd bought the t-shirt to prove to Cake I was there!

    10:26 AM, February 26, 2006  
    Blogger mykl jon wrote in a love letter...

    OH Nancy! You're just toying with me aren't you?
    You're reference to "Lindsey" couldn't be L. Buckingham could it. It is all just a coincidence or a fun game of pretending right?
    mykl "jagger"

    11:52 AM, February 26, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Me? I'm always deadly serious. No...it's Stevie who's toying with the both of us.

    So, Stevie-o, I see you've overcome your difficulty with names. ;-)

    1:16 PM, February 26, 2006  
    Blogger mykl jon wrote in a love letter...

    Me so dense. OK OK I get it now. You were describing the scenes in the music video, not sharing the lyrics. Whew, that took me long enough.

    Stevie-o, you crazy little imp! Come clean now! What's the story? Are you tuning in to this confusing little dialogue? Are you going to clear up the fog?

    mykl

    9:26 PM, February 26, 2006  
    Anonymous django reinhardt wrote in a love letter...

    that was definately stevie nicks. we are close personal friends, and I recognise her handwriting.

    10:19 AM, February 27, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Yes! Dead celebrities visiting my blog! What I've hoped for all this time! Tell me, Django, how's Famous Heaven these days? I need a little more info for the next book.

    10:41 AM, February 27, 2006  
    Blogger Popeye wrote in a love letter...

    Bonnie Tyler always freaked me out. That vibrato just ain't natural. . .

    6:27 PM, February 27, 2006  
    Blogger mykl jon wrote in a love letter...

    Did I miss something? Is Stevie Nicks dead? I'm just not up on all the old rockers. Perhaps I inhaled just a few thousand times too many.
    mykl

    11:42 PM, February 27, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    No, but Django is quite dead, last time I checked.

    5:51 PM, February 28, 2006  
    Blogger mykl jon wrote in a love letter...

    Poor Django's dead.
    He/she's gone and lost his/her head.
    That's a sad rendition for a sad occasion.
    mykl

    8:31 PM, February 28, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Popeye: I'm with you, but you've gotta love the passion! ;-)

    11:06 PM, February 28, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home