Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Monday, February 20, 2006

    Lost


    Marvin Hill -- Who Knows?

    (I'm thinking of getting this tattooed somewhere. Whatcha'all think?)


    “Label/Receipt Number: 9101 --- ----- --- -------

    Status: Electronic Shipping Info Received

    The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on February 07, 2006 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.”

    Well, that figures.

    My contest entry has been lost in the mail. It was scanned in, then disappeared.

    My husband has sent books to the four corners of the earth. He’s mailed books to every continent except Antarctica. He’s mailed a book to Nepal, which I believe is on the opposite side of the world from Hell’s Half Acre. He’s only had three go missing in twelve years.

    My manuscript can’t even make it to the East Coast.

    It’s enough to make one feel as if the universe is against her, if she were so paranoidally-inclined.

    (Hey, it could be. Really. Wait til you read Chapter 18.)

    So, I’ll make a second attempt to send out said contest entry tomorrow. The mail is not running today. (See!? Call that coincidence? I don’t think so. Just because this so-called President’s Day’s been around for a while doesn’t mean it wasn’t instituted in advance just to thwart me.)

    I’m so glad I’m not paranoid.

    7 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger mykl jon wrote in a love letter...

    So, What's the tattoo going to be...Marvin Hill's "Who Knows" or "Label/Receipt Number:9101..."
    I think either one would generate a lot of interest.
    Where upon your personage would such a tatoo be located?
    just curious,
    mykl

    10:21 PM, February 20, 2006  
    Blogger Des_Moines_Girl wrote in a love letter...

    A tattoo of "Return to Sender" would also be a pretty good conversation starter.

    Might I also suggest...

    "This end up"
    "Handle with care"
    "Fragile"
    "Perishable"

    Sorry to hear about your missing manuscript. That totally bites...

    6:51 AM, February 21, 2006  
    Blogger Zijin wrote in a love letter...

    I grew up with this knowledge embedded in me..."No matter which part of the world you are in, ALL postal services are unreliable". Sigh. But then *grin* it can ALWAYS be a good reason to use...if you accidently forget someone's birthday !!

    p/s thanks for dropping by my blog. I loved your blog's name "life among the never-winged". I figured I really needed wings when I played Ultimate Frisbee for the first time.

    8:20 AM, February 21, 2006  
    Blogger Julie wrote in a love letter...

    Oh no!!!! I'm so sorry! Does this mean you missed the deadline? or will it be ok to send it today. Perhaps this will make your manuscript stand out even more. You are the fabulous writer who had to overcome obstacles just to send in your submission!

    12:49 PM, February 21, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Mykl: I was thinking of tattooing the "Who Knows?" with the post office's love note in a big spiral around it. Naaaaah. I haven't decided where on my person just yet. I want to be able to see the thing without too much contortion. My ankles are reserved for a pair of '37 Chevy pick-ups, for reasons of a personal, esoteric, Hermes-Pan-type reason.

    DMG: HA! I love 'em all! 'Fragile'....hmmmm...can you tattoo your mind?

    Zijin: Welcome! My husband sent a book to your neck of the world not too long ago. Ultimate Frisbee requires a few sets of arms, too if I recall.

    Julie: How's the back? Argh, you poor thing!
    I haven't missed the deadline; it needs to be postmarked by March 1st. I like your spin on things; it'll be a humorous anecdote to tell at the awards ceremony. ;-)

    Awww, man! I kid you not; the word verification includes bdjuju. Gotta add that to the story.

    2:28 PM, February 21, 2006  
    Blogger Julie wrote in a love letter...

    I finished half of my grad school application today. I addressed it and stamped it AND then looked up the campus map and decided to drop everything off in person. I don't trust the mail right now:)

    4:34 PM, February 22, 2006  
    Blogger 柯云 wrote in a love letter...

    2016-04-23keyun
    nike sb dunks
    polo outlet
    coach outlet online
    longchamp handbags
    jordan 3s
    michael kors bags
    tory burch shoes
    montblanc pen
    kate spade
    ray ban sunglasses uk
    adidas yeezy
    cheap toms shoes
    michael kors handbags
    oakley outlet
    louis vuitton handbags
    kate spade outlet
    coach outlet online
    louis vuitton
    coach outlet clearance
    gucci outlet
    kate spade handbags
    rolex watches
    fitflop sale
    michael kors outlet
    louis vuitton
    michael kors purses
    michael kors purses
    coach factory outlet
    michael kors outlet
    louis vuitton purses
    toms wedges
    christian louboutin sale
    ray ban outlet
    timberland boots
    coach outlet
    longchamp outlet
    kate spade outlet
    air max 90
    insanity workout

    3:18 AM, April 22, 2016  

    Post a Comment

    << Home