Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Wednesday, February 22, 2006

    Is It the Time of Year?

    Marvin Hill -- Vessels


    Is it the time of year?
    While other months are named for Gods, and mortals who considered themselves gods, February has a very different meaning. It comes from the Latin Februaris, which translates as the month of sacrifice, specifically expiatory sacrifice; the sacrifice of atonement.

    I'm seeing a lot of sacrifice in Blogland, and in real life too. Everyone seems to be going through a rough patch, losing things that are important to them. Health, jobs, friends, marriages, sex drives, inspiration (and the least of all – manuscripts, ahem.)

    The heart of winter, February takes -- usually without asking.

    Doany of you see this too?

    Maybe there’s a way to switch out Isaac for the ram, so to speak?

    What is in your life right now that is on the sacrificial altar? What would you place there instead?

    Feel free to post anonymously.

    5 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger mykl jon wrote in a love letter...

    I will have to sacrifice my "alone time" to get more sleep. Damn! I like my alone time after the rest go to bed and I can do as I please. No bdjuju here!
    mykl

    10:27 PM, February 22, 2006  
    Blogger Julie wrote in a love letter...

    This time of year is hard for me. I'm typically very active and energetic. I get so sleepy and reclusive in Jan and Feb every year! I want to bust out of this hibernation, but I also want to be gentle with myself. Here are the things that have been sacrificed - my sex drive, my self analysis, my creativity...it has been overshadowed by my sore body, my swollen glands, my tv and sleep. If everything isn't in balance soon, I will have to make the shift myself!

    10:36 AM, February 23, 2006  
    Anonymous Anonymous wrote in a love letter...

    The stability of my marriage in on the altar. I'd like to replace it with my drinking too much.

    10:00 PM, February 23, 2006  
    Blogger Popeye wrote in a love letter...

    It's been the sacrifice of safety.

    1:32 PM, February 24, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Thanks, guys.

    Mykl Jon: I'm there with you. Sleep vs. alone time...that's a tough one.

    Julie: Poor girl! I hope the weekend brings some relief!

    anon: Take care. Thanks for stopping by.

    Popeye: That's a tough sacrifice. One of the most rewarding too, when it pays off. Good luck.

    4:41 PM, February 24, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home