Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Wednesday, February 15, 2006

    The female of the species signals her readiness by removing her pants in the kitchen

    Marvin Hill -- Fly Through Dream's Door


    So after a little extended family unpleasantness

    Or is that extended extended-family unpleasantness?


    Valentines Day was quite nice.


    The boyos in bed early.


    An orchid, chocolate, champagne.


    I don’t know who these women are,


    The ones who complain about receiving the above three every year.


    I guess I’m easy


    To please.


    So, afterwards


    I dreamed peaceful dreams,


    Dewdrops scattered like stars across my childhood lawn,


    Clustered in the leafless maple branches outside my old window.


    Tasting a dollop of crème fraishe flavored with


    Honey and rum


    Atop a slice of chocolate mousse cake.


    Walking in the woods, smelling of resin and wet earth,


    Toward a lighted window.


    I awoke refreshed this morning.


    There’s just enough champagne left


    To make a nice risotto


    Which I shall do tonight.

    6 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Des_Moines_Girl wrote in a love letter...

    You're such a tease! ;-) Sounds like you had a very nice Valentines Day

    7:13 PM, February 15, 2006  
    Blogger Julie wrote in a love letter...

    sounds perfect!

    And you my dear girl...a writer, a gourmet chef, a graphic designer, a mother, a wife AND someone who takes her pants off in the kitchen!?! You are perfect!

    1:37 PM, February 16, 2006  
    Blogger Lisa wrote in a love letter...

    I just read the first chapter of your book!!!!!!!!! I am bouncing up and down in my chair, in anticipation of the finished product! It is juuuust marvelous.

    1:58 PM, February 16, 2006  
    Blogger Lisa wrote in a love letter...

    I just read the first chapter of your book!!!!!!!!! I am bouncing up and down in my chair, in anticipation of the finished product! It is juuuust marvelous.

    1:58 PM, February 16, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Wow! Thanks, girlios! I'm feeling the love all over again!

    Take care, all three of you. I know you're all going through some stressful, fretful stuff right now. Hang in there! Lisa, welcome, and thanks for stopping by. I might have to post chapter 2 now.

    10:25 AM, February 17, 2006  
    Blogger mykl jon wrote in a love letter...

    OK, true confessions time...
    I started to read your first chapter a few days ago then I stopped. I was nervous about the whole "God" thing. But then I saw the posts by Lisa and Des Moines and Julie. So I said to myself, "self" I said, "Don't be such a scaredy cat jerk monkey." (I don't know why I am both a cat and a monkey at the same time, but I am.) So, today I read it anyway. It is kind of like that song says, "what if god was one of us...just a slob like one of us?" That's what it reminded me of. I like the voice of the Archangel too! So all in all, I liked where the story seems to be going and I really liked the cliff hanger at the end. To whom would god write a love letter and what would be in such a letter. (I'm kinda hoping god gets layed. I know that is unlikely but I'm just a randy old goat who hopes everyone gets layed, including me of course)
    So Bravo! and you got my interest and when's the next chapter due?
    mykl

    12:33 PM, February 19, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home