Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Monday, February 06, 2006

    Big Week



    Miro Writes to Me Now and Then Marvin Hill


    If I can just get through this week…

    The manuscript is going out tomorrow. That’s it. It’s going. Can’t. Polish. Any. More.

    Birthday is on Thursday. The second anniversary of my 33rd. With family politics resembling the Cold War, I’m not doing anything for it.

    Oh, except one thing. I’m going in for a stroke screen that day.

    I’m showing some disturbing symptoms. I have been since the Ortho Evra patch. So, I’m a bit…um…

    (scared)

    concerned. I’ll let you know how it comes out. Fine, I’m sure. Writers are naturally hypochondriacs, right?

    Work is picking up, but I’m not crazy about my new contact. Not crazy about her at all.

    And there’s a ghost from the past knocking on the door yet again. After, “I’m not going to contact you again,” for the 5th time, you’d think she stop.

    Yarg.

    Ok. Enough grousing. Back to work.

    8 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Des_Moines_Girl wrote in a love letter...

    Take care of yourself!!!!

    7:17 PM, February 07, 2006  
    Blogger Julie wrote in a love letter...

    What a roller coaster of a post...I felt relief and praise for sending your manuscript off...excitement for you birthday and then worry about your test...

    Please find the time to rest and pamper yourself a bit...and I'm a bit fan of finding outlets for release during busy and stressful times...whether it's tears, exercise or something a little sexier, it helps.

    1:32 PM, February 08, 2006  
    Anonymous Anonymous wrote in a love letter...

    ND,

    Happy B-Day and good luck! - B

    9:30 PM, February 08, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    DMG -- Thanks, and thanks for all the email support. Wheat or white -- you decide! ;-)

    Julie -- It's been a roller coaster of a week. I'll have to mention more in the next post or two. I'm going to pamper myself this weekend if I can find a sitter. Thanks for stopping by!

    B -- Thanks, um, whoever you are! :-)

    10:17 PM, February 08, 2006  
    Blogger mykl jon wrote in a love letter...

    I also have something I keep trying to polish. It just isn't getting any shinier. Let me just say, "It is not an outline."
    Here's hoping you're birthday is filled with true hypochondria, the wall goes down on your eastern block relationship and ghosts remain figments.
    What kind of work do you do anyway?
    mykl

    10:24 PM, February 08, 2006  
    Blogger Popeye wrote in a love letter...

    So, how are you? Happy birthday a day late, anyway. . .

    2:32 PM, February 10, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    mykl jon, Julie & Popeye:

    I'm still waiting for my results, but they didn't see anything serious enough to pull me off the table and throw me into a hospital bed....so that's good.

    Julie; turns out my stress-reliever was tears...not very common for me. I hope you guys had a great weekend!

    mykl jon: I'm a graphic designer. Most of what I do these days is
    maintenance on designs I've already done (BCs, letterhead, and the like). I also put out projects on fire for a print shop.

    Popeye: Thanks! It wasn't bad, as birthdays go.

    4:07 PM, February 13, 2006  
    Blogger jeje wrote in a love letter...

    michael kors outlet online
    nike roshe one
    links of london
    nike huarache
    basketball shoes
    adidas yeezy boost
    air jordan shoes
    yeezy boost
    cheap jordans
    true religion outlet

    9:08 PM, March 22, 2017  

    Post a Comment

    << Home