Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Monday, January 02, 2006

    These Fireworks Are Kind of Freaking Me Out

    Ok. Hello 2006. Don’t be a bitch like 2005, ok? Don’t kill anyone I know, don’t kill anyone I don’t know, and try not to fuck with the weather too much, ok?

    New Year’s Eve was quite fun. We went to a friend’s house, boyos and all. We partook of a genuine wonder, a Chocolate Fountain. Why has no one ever thought of this before? I wanted to shrink down and dance in it.

    At midnight, RyGuy set off fireworks. We all stood outside and watched. I held Jack, and O held Declan. They liked watching the neighbors’ fireworks, but did not appreciate the ones that exploded over our heads. Declan buried his head in O’s neck and said, “Those fireworks are kindy freaking me out.” So we went in to adore the fountain some more.

    We got home at 2:30, and to sleep by four. I think we all got up around 10 the next day.


    I’ll post my resolutions later, after I figure out what they are. In the meantime, this is a meme created by Poppy Z. Brite, and slightly modified by me. For you kids playing along at home, post your meme answers in my comments section, or carry the fun back to your very own blog for hours of enjoyment. I’ll be along in a while to snoop, like I always do.

    Last of 2005
    Last Book Read: Finished: Anansi Boys, by Neil Gaiman (writing God) Ok, well technically, the last book I read was The Cat in the Hat. Still in progress: Three Roads to Quantum Gravity, by Lee Smolin, Entanglement: The Unlikely Story of How Scientists, Mathematicians and Philosophers Proved Einstein’s Spookiest Theory, and Christ the King out of Egypt, by Anne Rice.

    Last Live Music Show Seen: Rockygrass in Lyons, featuring The Greencards, Doc Watson, Bela Fleck, Tim O'Brien, Sam Bush, and Alison Krauss and Union Station with Jerry Douglas. I met Tim O’Brien and made a complete ass of myself. Whoopee!

    Last CD Purchased: Fiddler’s Green, by the aforementioned Tim O’Brien, Childish Things, by James McMurtry, (featured on ipod One! OMG, we’re sooo fkd!) Por Vida, by Alejandro Escovedo, and Demanding to Be Next, by Preacher Boy. All purchased a couple of days ago, as an additional Christmas present for O (yeah, and kinda for me).

    Last Music Pirated That Fell off a Russian Truck and Onto My Hard Drive: (my addition to the meme) Drunkard’s Prayer, by Over the Rhine and Hybrid Theory, by Linkin Park. I can’t get enough of In the End. His voice is like watching a sunset.

    Last Thing Cooked: Italian beef with sweet peppers, bread stuffed with cappicola ham, provolone, and homemade olive-artichoke-caper-garlic paste. Oh yes, and the gingerbread alligators.

    Last New Thing Eaten: curried duck

    Last Thing Bought: a pair of size 4 Jjill jeans (don’t hate me, LPW!)

    Last Gift Received: A red shirt from Coldwater Creek, which I wore on New Year’s Eve.

    Last Piece of Clothing Bought or Received as a Gift: See above. Though I really had my eye on some Emily Strange babydoll tops over at Twist and Shout.

    Last Embarrassing Experience: Getting drunk on Anthrax DeLa Clowncar’s Christmas present (Knob Creek Bourbon) and playing hungover mother/inert hostess the next day. Haven’t had a hangover in yeeeeears!

    Last Totally New Experience: heh heh….uuuuhhh…heh heh heh heheheh…not gonna tell ya…

    Last Foreign Country Visited, if any: Ireland

    Last New Bird Seen (feel free to substitute enthusiasm of your own if not a birder): cedar waxwings, which stripped the junipers of their berries. Wonderful to watch, until the rain of gin-scented bird turds fell ‘pon my back porch.

    Last Big Achievement: Not bitch-slapping my sister-in-law (trying to stay positive here) Meeting Neil Gaiman at midnight, and getting a chuckle out of him when I gave him a picture of his face superimposed over the Demonic Tomato he grew in his garden last summer.

    Ok, gotta go. The husband is wearing my earrings and saying he needs more cock. That’s what I get for being a tall gay man trapped in a small woman’s body and married to a closeted metrosexual.


    Oh. Whoops. He wasn’t saying ‘cock’, he was saying caulk. But he did have on my earrings.

    6 people left me a love letter:

    Anonymous plasma l. fulgurite wrote in a love letter...

    I was going to scold you and Ms. Bright for using "meme" incorrectly, but looked it up on the wikipedia and found out I was the incorect one. I had always thought a meme to be a much smaller unit of thought.

    You shouldn't be embarrassed by your post-Knob Creek hangover - you should fky it proudly like a flag!

    My own "last of's" I'll leave for another time. We have the same last bok and last live music. And, bizrrely, the cock=caulk faux paux occured in our house just last week! Really! Minus the earrings...

    1:12 PM, January 03, 2006  
    Blogger Des_Moines_Girl wrote in a love letter...

    Cock vs caulk. Really not something you want to get confused. Did O have an explanation for donning your earrings?

    6:56 PM, January 03, 2006  
    Blogger Popeye wrote in a love letter...

    What is a chocolate fountain?

    3:08 PM, January 04, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    plasma -- Fky? What's this fky? Perhaps you've been sipping said bourbon?

    DMG -- Does he need one?

    Poop-eye -- A chocolate fountain is a thing to be worshipped. It is a continous fountain of warm chocolate that begs to have something stuck into it and coated with the delectible stuff:
    http://www.amerimark.com/cgi-bin/amerimark/cat_item.html?prod=26117&media=G65930&days=XVQ

    3:00 PM, January 05, 2006  
    Anonymous mr. clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    fly it like a flag! and after all the times I've been hungover at your house you should please not be embarrased. maybe a tad guilty that I had to go out in the snow for doughnuts while you and lpw lazed around on the couch, but NEVER embarrassed

    5:04 PM, January 05, 2006  
    Blogger jeje wrote in a love letter...

    nike roshe run one
    michael kors factory outlet
    nike air zoom structure 19
    http://www.uggoutlet.uk
    adidas tubular UK
    michael kors handbags
    salomon speedcross
    adidas tubular
    adidas neo online shop
    michael kors outlet

    9:13 PM, March 22, 2017  

    Post a Comment

    << Home