Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Friday, January 27, 2006

    Take Hope


    My primroses have come out of their dormancy and gone into bloom. Spring is coming.

    (Groundhogs? We don't need no stinkin' groundhogs!)

    De nada.

    7 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    testing

    2:36 PM, January 27, 2006  
    Blogger mykl jon wrote in a love letter...

    Well, look at those bright little reminders of the beauty of life. I'm having a much better day today. I got off work early becaus I had to work 12 hours on Tuesday. I get to flex those extra hours. Thanks for dropping by and leaving a note. Hope I didn't scare your goldfish.
    That is a lovely little still life montage in the photo. The knife is a great addition. It's sort of out of place but acceptable in a kitchen setting at the same time.
    mykl
    test#II

    3:59 PM, January 27, 2006  
    Blogger Popeye wrote in a love letter...

    Well, here's something I didn't wake up expecting to say today:
    My what a pretty kitchen. Is that Don Drumm by chance? (If not, consider going to http://www.dondrummstudios.com/)

    5:26 PM, January 27, 2006  
    Blogger Des_Moines_Girl wrote in a love letter...

    Please tell me your kitchen doesn't look this cute and neat all the time... Please tell me you had to at least wipe some toast crumbs and a blob of peanut butter off the counter before you could take the picture...

    8:24 PM, January 27, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    mykl: Good to hear things are looking up. (However, the goldfish are a little lonely. Who knew?)
    The knife in the pretty shot? That's me!

    Popeye: You didn't expect to say this despite your early morning vigil? You've got to be prepared for anything!
    Good to see you up and about again. I'll expect an essay on each of my posts that you've missed. Due Monday, or you're going to fail this class.
    Don Drumm...(drool). I'm not sure if they're Drumm's work or not. I saw them in a gallery here in Denver many moons ago, and they became mine. There's no signature, but they could be if he shows outside of Ohio. Good eye you have! My mom can't believe I actually use them, but what am I going to do, hang them on the wall in the bedroom?

    DMG: Well of course it always looks like this! I'm Bree! Martha calls me for housecleaning tips!
    Yeah, right. What you can't see off camera is the crap I swept out of the way for my pretty little shot. A coffe grinder, glass container of coffee beans, a wet towel, coffee grounds, two rubber bands, a legion of unidentified crumbs, and a very dead and dried up earwig. It's the story of my life.

    The wine cup has since been drained twice by me this evening.

    8:53 PM, January 27, 2006  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    P.S. ...And swept aside as well were a toothpick, and a chopstick, and a sample of Bed Head Hair Manipulator, for my long red tresses.

    Damn wine. Makes me forgetful.

    9:06 PM, January 27, 2006  
    Blogger Des_Moines_Girl wrote in a love letter...

    I'm so relieved! I could take a still life pic of my kitchen right now but I don't think anyone would want to see an empty orange juice jug, a microwave popcorn bag and an assorted collection of soda cans.... I need one more cup of coffee and then I'll be ready to tackle my day. I must first awaken the domestic diva within. ;-)

    7:52 AM, January 28, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home