Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Tuesday, January 31, 2006

    Since this is my long day

    ...with the boyos (O is gone for 12 hours on Tuesdays) I thought I'd save time and post my meme. I'll catch you up on my new observations on Purgatory that I had yesterday tomorrow (does that even make sense?)


    Four jobs I've had:
    1. Lab Rat – as a teenager, I worked in a pathology lab. Duties included fetching stray paperwork from cadavers in the morgue. BTW, in case it was keeping you up at night, Elvis really is dead. One of my pathologists was on the spot. He said they scooped handfuls of pills out of the poor guy.
    2. Tarot Card and Crystal Seller – In a (gasp) comic book store. Told you I was a geek.
    3. Something Naughty – For a day. In a documentary. I thought it would be interesting. It wasn’t.
    4. Copywriter for a Magazine for Process Control Engineers – My specialties were ISO 9000 quality compliance and smokestack scrubbers. I thought it would be boring. It wasn’t.

    Four dream jobs I want:
    1. The second most famous writer you’ve never heard of.
    2. Owner of Sam Wise Acres -- an off-the-grid organic farm that runs on a produce subscription service. Features goats, ducks, rabbits and a rooster named Chanticleer.
    3. Host of the This Old House Hour.
    4. Work from home and earn thousands of $$$$$ every month, with no buying, no selling, no strings attached, following a simple program that requires only an hour of my time every week!

    Four places I've lived:
    1. Chicago
    2. Des Moines
    3. A largish rustbelt town in the Midwest
    4. The ‘ghetto’ (ha!) of Greenwood Village, Colorado

    Four of my favorite foods: (Oh God, only four!?!)
    1. Duck a la anything
    2. Seafood (lobster, crab, shrimp, blowfish, calamari, salmon, Chilean sea bass…)
    3. Chocolate anything (especially ice cream, preferably from this little pub in Cork called The Pink Elephant)
    4. Big Daddy’s BBQ in Des Moines. Nothing on this earth is hotter. God rest that generous man’s soul.
    5. Chipotle (See? I told you I couldn’t keep it to 4)

    Four TV shows that I like to watch: (I don’t watch a lot of TV, so does NetFlix count?):
    1. Upstairs Downstairs
    2. Desperate Housewives
    3. Dead Like Me
    4. Six Feet Under (Die Nate Die!!!)

    Four Movies I could watch over and over again:
    1. It’s a Wonderful Life
    2. The Wizard of Oz
    3. Forrest Gump
    4. Anything with the Marx Brothers, Johnny Depp or Marilyn Monroe in it.

    Four Places I would rather be:
    Tyrell’s Pass, Ireland
    Tuam, Ireland

    On the N17, Ireland
    Paris

    Four Websites I visit:
    Hmmm….other than the ones already posted on my nav bar.…
    http://www.jacquespepin.net/recipes/archive.html - Recipe of the Month – Jacques Pepin

    http://www.foreignword.com/ -- Foreignword.com

    http://dictionary.reference.com/ -- Dictionary.com

    http://janus.astro.umd.edu/ -- The Astronomy Workshop

    Four people I want to tag:
    1. Anthrax De La Clowncar – get a site, you old geeze! Dammit! (The man actually builds websites, so he has NO excuse.) Join us.....
    2. Neil Gaiman (Yeah, like he reads this)
    Everybody else I leave off the hook…unless you want to do this.



    1 people left me a love letter:

    Anonymous syphillis h. christ wrote in a love letter...

    Ah, so that's tagging someone.

    As I can't cut-and-paste the meme (I'm still not sure that word's being used correctly) in here, I'll send it to you.

    And the reason I don't have a blog is he same reason I don't have the all-baseball all-the-time channel on satelite - I'd never get any work done.

    9:20 PM, February 01, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home