Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Saturday, December 03, 2005

    This Post is a Train Wreck

    Yesterday I was outside on the swing, barefoot, the windows and back door open. Today, it looks like this:

    And this:

    Whew. Boyos have been asleep for about 45 minutes. An uphill battle to get them to nap lately, though God knows, we all need it.

    I have a choice. Let them nap, gain an hour or two of midday sanity, and then get them back to sleep around 10 at night, leaving O and me no time to ourselves. Or, keep them up all day, endure crabbiness from 2 o’clock on, and get them to bed around 8:30-9:00, giving us some free time together.

    We’ve been out twice together, boyless, over the past 6 months. I haven’t been away from the house since Monday night, when we schlepped the boyos to the bookstore so O could get some work done, and they could see their grandparents, and we left angry anyway, because O’s sister called (knowing we were there) and kept grandma on the phone for half an hour.

    I’m a bit brittle right now. I’m sorry if I’ve seemed flippant in any of my dealings. I’m sorry right now for bitching, when I could be getting some actual writing done.

    That, and my parents have tried calling 4 times today. I do not pick up the phone because Dottie is with them, at some damn play or another in Chicago, and I know it’s a ploy for her to talk to the boyos. I will not let that happen. She called 5 times one day, and 9 the next. I turned the sound all the way down on the answering machine, and erased each message as it came in.

    Ok.

    Ok. This is just stupid cabin fever talking.

    I might get out tomorrow, if O gets back from skeet shooting early enough. We’ll be Unexpected Guests ourselves, at a Christmas Party in Boulder. The hostess invited us, sight unseen, a couple of days ago when we bought a pair of stained glass windows for the cathedral from her off of Craigslist. She’s an interior designer, and we’ll take some manuscript leaves up to her, to see if she has any clients who might be interested. Beautiful things. I’m in love with one that has some intricate vine and flower work, from a book of hours, 1470. There’s even a smudged fingerprint from the monk who painted it. He didn’t even know that the land I now live in existed. This is fascinating to me.

    And will somebody explain to me why I can't get the fonts to stay consistant thoroughout my posts?

    4 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Popeye wrote in a love letter...

    I've had the same problem with fonts. It happens to me in the editing process. I've used the software that allows you to post directly from Word and that seemes to help.
    I admire those of you who've chosen to do the parenting thing, as hard as it sometimes sounds.

    6:50 AM, December 04, 2005  
    Blogger Des_Moines_Girl wrote in a love letter...

    Beautiful pictures! I sympathize on the nap thing - same problem with little E.

    As far as fonts, not sure. I usually type my post in Word and then copy/paste to post into my blog so never had a problem. You could look at the HTML code and see if you spot anything goofy but if you're not familiar with the code it won't do you any good.

    9:04 AM, December 04, 2005  
    Blogger Nancy Dancehall wrote in a love letter...

    Thanks, guys, I'll try it.

    popeye - thanks! It's a juggling act, to be sure!

    Des Moines Girl - mmmmmm...marshmellows! How's E liking those?

    8:44 PM, December 04, 2005  
    Blogger chenlili wrote in a love letter...

    2016-4-30 xiaobao
    michael kors outlet
    toms shoes
    tory burch outlet
    replica watches
    christian louboutin outlet
    toms
    pandora jewelry
    louis vuitton handbags
    caoch outlet
    nike roshe flyknit
    coach factory outlet
    ray bans
    louis vuitton outlet
    coach outlet store online
    nike roshe run
    michael kors bags
    lebron james shoes 13
    coach outlet
    fake watches
    christian louboutin
    kobe shoes 11
    longchamp bags
    louis vuitton outlet
    ralph lauren polo
    ray ban
    burberry outlet online
    hollister uk
    louis vuitton outlet stores
    louis vuitton handbags
    michael kors outlet
    coach factory outlet
    michael kors outlet
    oakley sunglasses
    true religion
    michael kors outlet online
    tory burch sale
    adidas trainers
    rolex submariner
    louis vuitton outlet
    louis vuitton bags

    7:16 PM, April 29, 2016  

    Post a Comment

    << Home