Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Thursday, December 01, 2005

    Just blogging around

    The guys, all three, are out for the afternoon. Bliss.

    I read an interesting little blurb on Poppy Z. Brite's site: http://www.livejournal.com/users/docbrite/

    "In our conversation, she (Poppy's new editor) said something about its being nice to work with a writer who puts a lot of thought into the first go-round. Do a great many writers send in sloppy drafts and expect their editors to fix them? I can't imagine doing that, if only because I could never trust an editor that much."

    This is amazing to me. I couldn't send a sloppy draft out of simple embarrassment. So maybe I do have a chance, if I keep working and make this thing the highest-quality draft possible.

    Ok, back to writing the Thanksgiving update.

    1 people left me a love letter:

    Anonymous anthrax de la clowncar wrote in a love letter...

    Yikes! That does not sound like fun.
    O gave me the short version, but none of the juicy details. My favorite (hypothetical) character of the whle narrative is the Unexpected Guest.

    Nice soup art. "Soup of the evening" is, I believe, an Alice In Wonderland reference (the mock turtle's song).

    Congrats on breaking 85.5 k words!

    8:54 PM, December 01, 2005  

    Post a Comment

    << Home