Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Tuesday, December 13, 2005

    Dogs, Coyotes, and Foxes


    Dreaming Beast, Marvin Hill

    It’s still cold here, but not so much. My dogs have been barking, and my ankles and knees too, but this morning brought some relief. Poor, abused things.


    The sun’s so low now, that it doesn’t touch the front yard at all, except for the afternoon beams cast over the fence. They have melted a diagonal path across the lawn to the cherry tree; a carpet of green-brown grass rolled out for I don’t know whom.


    The other night, O and I listened to the coyotes, their howling set off by sirens. Coyote howls are tightly-wound orange spirals spinning out to the moon. Some local dogs joined them, but their straight blue domesticated yelps do not possess the same wild strength.


    The foxes are bedding down under the junipers again. Red furred gypsies, they wander the area, moving along to the next camp in the morning light. A flash of red, and one vaults to the top of the fence, runs along it like a squirrel, like a tightrope walker, until leaping into the next yard. They keep their sounds to themselves.

    1 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Popeye wrote in a love letter...

    You live in one friggin' cool place. . .

    1:55 PM, December 14, 2005  

    Post a Comment

    << Home