Life Among the Never-Winged

Once upon a time I was writing a book called, "Just Another Love Letter", about angels behaving badly. Now I just quietly ask myself each day, "What the hell am I doing?"

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Rocky Mountain Empire, United States

My friends always knew I was going to hell. My only hope is that God likes good jokes and bad redheads.

Life Among the Never-Winged Sponsored By:
  • Books Unlimited
  • Sunday, October 30, 2005

    A little addition to "The Proposal"

    I think this gives a clearer idea of why Sara's so reluctant to marry Pen:

    They slept for a while, curled around each other, Penemuel still fatigued from his errand. Sara awoke in the middle of the night and watched his sleeping face – perfect, flawless, like living marble – in the dim light of her room. He appeared to be in his twenties, but in truth he was so ancient. The weight of his years, of his long and vast experience, made Sara feel insignificant. She shivered, almost fearful of the angel in her arms. Penemuel stirred, tightened his embrace, and smiled in his sleep.

    Outside, the streetlights caught the raindrops hanging from the last autumn leaves, turning each one into a star, and together they made a shimmering, wind-blown galaxy that quaked in the trees. By morning, the stars had all fallen.

    1 people left me a love letter:

    Blogger Popeye wrote in a love letter...

    Very nice Ms. Hodgkins.

    4:17 PM, November 05, 2005  

    Post a Comment

    << Home